Any INFP'S out there with advice on how to deal with stress and feeling of giving up and not caring anymore? It's like depression but it's not - I'm sure INFP'S understand what I'm saying.
evhutton evhutton 36-40, F 5 Answers Jun 28 in Community

I find that meditation has been a huge help to me with stress. I listen to the Dane Spotts 5 level Ultra Meditation CD's.

Best Answer

Google the personality café. Might have some answers for you.

Best Answer

I've tried but the mobile site seems weird and haven't been able to figure it out. I'm sure it's just me. lol

Best Answer

I think there's something wrong with the site. I just checked on my pc and it comes up a blank page. Good luck anyway.

Best Answer

What's your type, since you are familiar with it?

Best Answer

I'm an INFJ. It's difficult being an introvert in todays world. We're out numbered and often blown off. It leads to a type of depression that drugs and therapy can't touch. I'm going to post a link that I've watched a few times, it might make you feel better. http://youtu.be/c0KYU2j0TM4

Best Answer

I've read about it - yours is the rarest type, but similar to INFP. Good video, thanks for sharing. Totally agree that's it's not something that can be treated by normal conventions - what do you do?

Best Answer

Mostly I struggle. I lose myself in book after book. I use them like drugs to escape the world I was born into. It's funny, but I would have been in my element three, or four hundred years ago living in the new world. Now I just want to escape it and disappear into some crummy third world country where I can live a simple life. I wish I had some advice I could share with you.

Best Answer

:) It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one who has similar thoughts of fitting better in the past. My dream escape is to buy my grandparents old house that's in a tiny town in a mountain Valley. So quiet and peaceful!

Best Answer

You obviously read a lot about history then, right?

Best Answer

That sounds really nice! I hope you can get it, or something similar. Maybe that's the best thing for people like us-to have that simple life to look forward to in the future:) Yeah, I like history. Certain time periods fascinate me far more than others though. I try to read books about those times as well as books written during them and formulate my own opinions as to what was really going on.

Best Answer

Any favorites?

Best Answer

what is an INFP?

Best Answer

Myers - Briggs temperament sorter. Here's where you can learn yours. I found it very enlightening. www.16personalities.com.

Best Answer

so what is an INFP?

Best Answer

In short it stands for I (introvert) N (intuitive) F (feeling) P (perceiving).

Best Answer

that's a personality?? LOL!

Best Answer

lol.. aren't you a little ray of sunshine?
Here's an explanation.. http://www.16personalities.com/mobile/infp-personality.html

Best Answer

oh aye, i'm a wonderful person =) i just can't see the usefulness of such a "personality classification"

Best Answer

I understand. I hate the concept of fitting people inside pre - determined boxes.
Yet when I read more about INFP, that's very fitting I should feel that way. lol... We're the dreamers, idealists and individualists.

Best Answer

Oh - and I "intuitively" recognized you as a fellow smart-@ss. lol!

Best Answer

it doesn't even work. you retested yourself and came out something different. which one goes?
why do we need this? and what for? does it change who we are or how we function? does it make us better? :)

Best Answer

i'm obnoxious, i know -.-'

Best Answer

I've read that the "powers that be" find flaws for the same questions you asked. However I've found it helpful in knowing why some of the issues I've experienced in my life repeatedly come back up in the past and how to change it now that I know. Consider it a tool in your tool belt. Not the ultimate answer - but it can help if you pick it up and use it.

I've learned from it why I hated certain jobs - I have to have some freedom to express creativity.

When I took the test and got the other answer it was INFJ - which is extremely similar to the INFP. They're just more judgemental - I think I might have been PMS' ing when I got that answer. Lol.

Best Answer

Since you made a big sink about it, I dare you to take the test. lol

Best Answer

awww i hate tests... hang on, then :P

Best Answer

right, says i'm ESFJ. Practical, Altruistic, and Sociable. me? heh :)

Best Answer

What did you think of it? Accurate?

Best Answer

felt like when i applied for a job i didn't want. no, not accurate, more like a wild stab in the dark :) too few questions too. i thought it had to have at least a hundred?

Best Answer

The free tests are short.

Best Answer

and unattended ;) oh well, one gets what one pays for, i suppose

Best Answer

oh you're back! wonderful! had a nice weekend?

Best Answer

Thanks for humoring me. You're a good sport! :)

Best Answer

ich bin wunderbar! or something, my german keeps failing me :F

Best Answer

Yes. Went out with friends last night - dinner, improve comedy group then a jazz lounge. Had a good time. You?

Best Answer

mmmm nothing at all, rested, walked the dogs, did the laundry. therapeutic stuff =)

Best Answer

How many dogs? I'm avoiding laundry myself right now..

Best Answer

two pitbulls. laundry and doing the dishes give me outlets for my OC ;)

Best Answer

Lol.. I hate doing laundry. Walking our dogs is therapeutic - have a German shepherd and a wolf.

Best Answer

wolf wolf? o.O

Best Answer

Yep. :) she's a sweet, pretty thing - 5 months old and almost as big as the shepherd. It's amazing watching the differences between the two. Watching her run is clearly not like a dog!

Best Answer

hope you know what you're doing. wolves are feral...

Best Answer

She's not pure wolf - that's illegal. We've had a wolf/Alaskan malamute before.

Best Answer

Have you had problems with your pit bulls?

Best Answer

no never. they're just big babies!

Best Answer

whew! i'm very much relieved :)

Best Answer

I feel the same way about mine! :)

Best Answer

dogs have the intelligence of a 5 year old or something like that. mine were bottle fed from day 1, their mother died at birth, and we took the seven babies in. got families for five of them, these two never got adopted. they're too big now, no one will :)

Best Answer