My best friend in college was Luke. We spent a LOT of time together and we like siblings. I ended up becoming friends with his gf and lived in the same house as her. I got together with my ex-husband in college and the four of us (my ex, Luke, and his gf) spent tons of time together. We were like family. My ex and I moved to a city together and Luke and his gf moved to a different city, on 2 hours away. They came and visited when I was with my ex. When my ex and I went through our divorce I met up with Luke once in our home state (I drove an hour to see him). Luke and his gf kept promising to visit me but never did. Then last summer they got engaged. Since then all I have gotten from them is info on the wedding and a happy birthday text. They wanted to visit me over christmas and I decided not to make an effort just to see if they would ever pull through and they never did. I don't know how to approach the situation. Do I just let it go or forever be the one to make an effort?
rahkeepschanging rahkeepschanging 26-30, F 3 Answers Feb 3, 2013 in Parenting & Family

dont make the effort if theyre not interested

Best Answer

Did you mess up on the wording? :S You're talking about your boyfriend being engaged to his girlfriend... Not making any sense.<br />
EDIT: never mind. you just mean your close guy friend. Using "bf" makes it confusing. Sometimes you have to make the effort. People's lives get busy.

Best Answer

I started using bf to describe "best friend" to save space... I guess I realize that is confusing...

Best Answer

I gave him a pseudonym instead... thanks

Best Answer

To most people college relationships are worth about as much as highschool ones. Not much~

Best Answer