I adore my 3 year old granddaughter, but my daughter uses her as a pawn to control me. I am sad, lonely, feel so much despair. I feel trapped.No friends. I feel like I'm loosing my mind. No one to talk to or turn to that can help me.
jeannieh99 jeannieh99 56-60 6 Answers Mar 3, 2012

Perhaps you should try looking into subsidized housing for yourself. And also counseling so you can get the nerve to get away. I bet your grandbaby would throw such a fit that her mama would have to let you visit. I think your daughter needs you more than she will admit. Take your money and go, she'll land on her feet. Save yourself. God bless you, I hope you can find your answer soon.

Best Answer

I feel for you, dear friend...what a horrible situation you're in and it has to break your heart to be treated abusively by your own daughter. Of course you're having chest pain, the stress you're under no one should endure. You need a dr., first and foremost before you have a heart attack or stroke out. Then, get the hell out. <br />
I don't know where you live, but where I live, anyone can go to social services and apply for housing, in an extreme circumstance, such as yours, they will find a place right away, the same day. It may be temporary, but it's a start. Also, red cross, untited way, catholic charities..these types of organizations are there to help the community, and that includes YOU. That's what they are for..so get the phone out now, right now, and look up some addresses and phone numbers. There are also crisis hotlines, most people think these "crisis" lines are for suicidal people only, that's not true. They exist for situations such as yours to help and guide you through. Be strong, you can do this...all the best, my friend.

Best Answer

Sometimes the people we love do not need us and we do not need them. Your granddaughter is your daughter's responsibility, not yours (barring extenuating circumstances). Your daughter is an adult and you are under no obligation, societal or otherwise, to live with her. Your life is your own and you need to take ownership for your own happiness. That clearly means you must move out of your daughter's home.<br />
But you're broke. So let's fix that problem.<br />
Let's forget about insurance for now. What specifically do you need insurance for? If it isn't vital medically to your survival, assign "insurance" a low priority. Goal #1 is to get cash.<br />
It might take you a few months of working a job you don't like, but stick to a plan of stashing cash, buy a plane ticket to somewhere else, and get the heck out!<br />
Good luck! And don't take guff from your daughter. You're financially down-and-out, you're not a doormat. Don't let her push you around. Plan your getaway and work the plan.

Best Answer

I am under obligation to be here, besides not being able to afford a place of my own,what little money I make working goes to her for her college tuition. She doesn't work and lives on her school disbursements and SSI.
I need insurance because I need to get medical help. I need to have blood work and a chest x-ray. I am pretty sure my hormones are so out of wack and I have hypothyroidism and need to have my levels checked. I am sure lot of my depression is a result of my thyroid not being regulated.

Best Answer

How come you let her have so much control over your life,.. arent you the mother? I would not put up with her abuse, she needs to show you some respect. If you are having chest pains you need to go to the doctor, I had a cardiac arrest last year and I am only 38. Dont be lonely, EP is a great way to meeet people and have support and friends. There are lots of people on here that will be there for you

Best Answer

I never "let" her have it, she just took it. I am the mother, I am also weak and so beaten down. I am physically and emotionally broken. She has her daughter as leverage. She knows how much I adore my granddaughter and she uses her to get what she wants. I told her I wanted to go to the emergency room because I was having chest pains, she told me I was exaggerating and looking for attention. She always accuses me of doing things that I haven't done. It is easy to say what you won't or wouldn't put up with unless you are in my shoes. I am not in this situation because I enjoy or like it. I am not strong enough to change it and I fear loosing having my granddaughter in my life.

Best Answer

Oh you poor thing, next time you should call the ambulance, if she takes your grand daughter away fro you she is stoopid,..You could always come over here and Ill take you in my son would love a live in Grandma, he is 7.!

Best Answer