bdmthrfkr bdmthrfkr 31-35, F 13 Answers Dec 8, 2012 in Education

If they aren't taught to read or write cursive - how will they ever be able to read historical documents - The Declaration of Independence, The US Constitution, and every other official document that guarantee the rights of freedom, liberty and independence. Makes you wonder....doesn't it?

Best Answer

EXACTLY!!! I find it heart-breaking that kids won't even be able to read whatever's written on the back of old family pics!

Best Answer

If people are wise - they won't leave their kids at the mercy of this flawed, incompetent educational system, but will supplement learning at home.

Best Answer

Agreed.

Best Answer

Bad. So much for reading your ancestors amazing stories and journals for your class project.

Best Answer

Horrible. I didn't even know about this. Ugh. Wow.

Best Answer

Yeah, I just found out the other day when my niece wasn't able to read the card her grandma sent her. Sad, isn't it?

Best Answer

Extremely! I'm definitely teaching my child, when I have one, regardless of the school system. -shakes head- Goodness...

Best Answer

I wouldn't be surprised if traditional writing gets replaced with teaching little ones how to type instead.

Best Answer

really? I was taught cursive. I think it is bad. it is because the curriculum is so overloaded thet needed to make room for more usless crap.

Best Answer

I hated cursive so much i taught myself to write in linked script using the school newsletter as a base

Best Answer