SimplyPerson SimplyPerson 22-25 7 Answers Dec 29, 2011

try local support groups or get involved in community projects. In my personal experience doing this has helped me a great deal, making new friends who have similar issues etc. It probably wasn't the brightest idea to "fire" the friends you already have. As people can often help in other ways, I learnt that the hard way! Relying on friends and family for emotional support rarely works because so many have their own emotional **** to deal with. And some are just plain selfish. Don't know if that'll help you.

Best Answer

i hope you support your friends emotionally too. i've found that the ones who do can lean on me for the same thing. if i am not emotionally available enough i get ditched so it's only fair. try to be the friends you want to attract, it really works.

Best Answer

The same thing happened to me!! We should make a group "I fired friends because they weren't emotionally supportive" And mine apologized too but never changed, so I just ditched them. Avoided them. Completely. They got the hint~ I spent the next year and a halfdating mostly, but with an occasional friend group... Drifting mostly. <br />
Then... A few months ago.... I met new people! REAL FRIENDS and they are kind and caring and wonderful.<br />
One, I just saw one day sitting alone, I liked the way they looked and dressed (very expressive) and I thought I might like them. I asked if I could sit with them, they said "yes" and we have been very good friends ever since :)<br />
SO from that experience, I will say be open- Real friends are out there, it will just take you some journeying to meet them. I'm happy you ditched the others- It will be one of the best choices you'll have made for yourself..... *PEACE* and *thumbs up*

Best Answer

Good to know I'm not the first and that it worked out for you! I've been the best friend I could to these people, lots of time and energy and effort. I have always been there when they needed me but when I need them... I'm too inconvenient. I hold that they are nice people but terrible friends. Really all that has changed since firing them is that I am no longer expecting or hoping for help from them. Tiny power trip but still not getting what I need... Glad to hear someone has made this work!

Best Answer

Yes, It was really worst like... If I needed them- Them not being there often hurt worse then why I needed them in the first place. And with my fired "friends"- I think they just don't know how to show affection... And I don't hold a grudge or anything... Only knowledge that I need affection and they don't have it.
Anyways~ I am totally feeling for you!! And was surprised to see your experience! WOW

Best Answer

Yes! That was what finally got me to cry (hadn't done in like ten years!) I've been working through some negative behaviours, my parents weren't talking to me, my best friend died, and I was feeling so down that I cancelled by birthday party. When I called everyone up to let them know I found that most of the already had other plans! The people who had talked me into it because it 'would be good for me' were going to stand me up! That hurt! I was hurt and angry and just felt like a tiny fragment of a person! I am at present thoroughly convinced that people are a bad investment. I promise me that the next place I live will allow pets and I will get a puppy. I trust dogs.

Best Answer