//facepalm

Best Answer

What does this mean and in food section?

Best Answer

god? god who? Why would he be wise anyway I don't see anything "wise" in this world

Best Answer

There have been tens of thousands of religions, there's almost no chance that your religion is any less false or more "real" than any of the others. And I'm certainly wiser than your god, I wouldn't have created evil OR the devil. Or anti-biotic resistant bacteria.

Best Answer

""there's almost no chance that your religion is any less false or more "real" than any of the others."" you lost me once you presented your miscalculated probability. Or perhaps never calculated nor defined.

Best Answer

There are roughly 4,200 religions that exist today, there have been easily tens of Thousands in history. The chances of your religion being right are BEYOND staggering. For example: a Lottery where you have to match 5 numbers to win $5,000 gives you a chance of 1 in 111,111. I don't even wanna start calculating probable odds for whatever sect of mythology you subscribe to is. Chances are, your religion is wrong.

Best Answer

There are 19 major religions, with about 275 subdivisions which include all the tribal religions. Who told you that there are roughly 4,200 religions? Please explain.

Best Answer

Are you kidding me? There's over ten thousand major christian denominations ALONE. Unless you're counting All denominations and sects as the same such as "protestants" and "Catholics" being under one umbrella, I have no idea how you get 19. " According to some estimates, there are roughly 4,200 religions in the world." ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religions_and_spiritual_traditions ) Also, "David B. Barrett. Since adding a religion doctorate from Columbia University to his technical background, he has spent 40 years systematizing information on world religions, a calling he discovered while assigned as an Anglican missionary in Africa....Barrett's encyclopedia sought to count each human being in each religion and religious subcategory in each country as of 1900, 1970, 1990, 1995 and 2000, with projections to 2025. The 2001 edition, successor to his 1983 first edition, which took a decade to compile, identifies 10,000 distinct religions, of which 150 have 1 million or more followers. Within Christianity, he counts 33,830 denominations." (http://www.adherents.com/misc/WCE.html ) Where did you get Your math?

Best Answer

There are much more independent variables in identifying the right/wrong religion. Comparing it to lottery is an oversimplification.

Best Answer

he does not get 19. It is stated by religious and cultural studies scholars from very valid sources "religioustoleranceorg" Whereas yours is the layman categorization made in wikipedia.

Best Answer

No, it isn't. The calculating of the chances that out of EVERY religion today that yours is right, IS EXACTLY THE SAME as the lottery. The probability math works exactly the same if you're predicting the "correct" religion as predicting the "correct" lottery numbers. Your dislike of the numbers doesn't change them. And I'm sorry but this, "There are much more independent variables in identifying the right/wrong religion." is 100% wrong. A religion is either the correct one, or not the correct one, Jews are not "kinda correct" nor are the muslims "kinda wrong". Either they are wrong or they are right. You're either a believer or NOT a believer. If The Amish were correct, the anabaptists aren't kind of correct, if the Quakers are wrong, the Shakers are not automatically wrong as well. You don't get it at all.

Best Answer

You want to give me Wikipedia sources. My info. DID NOT come from ONLINE resources. MY info. comes from treatises and books that are kept in Vatican Secret Archives and Bodleian library. I don't think NO other sources can be as accurate as them. Archives is not accessible to normal people like you. Only highly skilled scholars may get an entry there for research purposes only. I've been there coz of my former university's status. There are specific research books there where it has been mentioned clearly of what I said. Those books, some of them are hundreds of years of old and not accessible to hand touches. They counted 19 major religions and 275 subdivisions of theirs till 2009.

And please, if you have any valid real resources to gather information then right? Not some online stuff whether it is done by guy who was from Colombia university. Researching things and recording every single papers are different. I've had access to real things and I;m also known to 4 important figures who live in Vatican also and they work with religious issues. Please, don't argue based on online Wikipedia stuffs. I wrote about 59 articles and corrected 158 articles on Wikipedia. Many don't even know what they write there.. So, please...

Best Answer

Independent variables are not subjective "your feelings" "kinda wrong" They refer to the variables upon which the dependent variable rely. You are clearly unaccustomed to mathematics.

Best Answer

Mine didn't come from that website.. But they collect infos. from some specific resources. Jsut like TRAC. www.trackingterrorism. THey gather intelligence sources from 7 specific countries.. I don't need to go to website.. :) And Bodleian library was my uni' library too. Google it and you will find out the name of the uni.

Best Answer

"You want to give me Wikipedia sources. " No, I want YOUR SOURCES. I can say a bunch of **** too, but without citing it it's meaningless and NOT vetted. So you can whine my nmbers are wrong ALL YOU WANT. Until you have reputable sources that can be listed ( if it's a book) or linked to, your claims are meaningles, because they can't be proven "MY info. comes from treatises and books that are kept in Vatican Secret Archives and Bodleian library." Sure they do....I also work for Reuters and am a super secret alien spy! *eyeroll* "Researching things and recording every single papers are different. I've had access to real things and I;m also known to 4 important figures who live in Vatican also and they work with religious issues" Oh yeah I totally believe that.....I'm related to Bill gates did you know that? I could have you dead in minutes! "Please, don't argue based on online Wikipedia stuffs. I wrote about 59 articles and corrected 158 articles on Wikipedia." And unless you're an idiot you'd know that wikipedia takes it's sources from Books, and news papers as well as peer reviewed cited papers. So claiming wikipedia is inaccurate when the sources are listed below is a cop out. I can talk a lot of **** too kid, (you're OBVIOUSLY a kid) the difference is when I say something I back it up with texts.

Best Answer

Anglican Communion.. I was connected to that. One is in my local. St. Paul's Cathedral..

Best Answer

GnatFree you sound very angry. Do you behave this way every time someone disagree with you?

Not really. Anyone can write in wikipedia.

Best Answer

that is why is not accepted as a reference in university dissertations.

Best Answer

I am not a kid. Mocking me is futile. As, I've spent most of my life so far, behind books, and people. Bodleian library is related to Oxford. Stanford's philosophical department is connected to Archives. I was a student of both uni. of course Used my hard work and lil bit common senses in exam to get an entry there where you can't even think to get in in 100 years. If you have enough intelligence they get an entry in those places , go as high as I went and then you could see what I was talking of. And, wikipedia is written by people like me, her, you or others. it is not always accurate. I have myself changed topics there.. that was written wrong about Indo-Pak war, gulf war and Nihilsm.

Best Answer
Best Answer

Pyscho, I'm not angry, I'm irritated. When someone says I'm wrong and refuses to list their sources, that gets on my nerves. And deathiscold, I'm mocking you because you could be lying out of your ***. If wikipedia isn't reliable because it's online, NEITHER are your claims. Also, I can go into the vatican archives whenever I want as can ANY OTHER SCHOLAR. perhaps you're thinking of the "Secret" archives, where expressed permission must be given? Anyway, The fact of the matter is this, whatever number of religions there are today, the fact that there is more than one, proves they're all wrong. If a single god existed only their followers' prayers would be answered. Yet every person who is faithful to their religion believes their gods are real because they seem real to them. This is called confirmation bias, and is why Jews, muslims, Christians, hindus, Sufis, and other religions all claim their religion is the right one. Odd that a hindu gets their prayers answered if their religion is wrong....once again, they are either all correct or all wrong.

Best Answer

'I can go into the Vatican archives whenever I want as can ANY OTHER SCHOLAR'. Try it, go to Vatican and get into Archives.... Then talk to me... :) If you have a single info about Archives, then you wouldn't say "I can go into the Vatican archives whenever I want as can". And, My claims are not wrong. I ne'er do a religious debate coz I am not interested in that department. I know little so, I said what I knew. And not sure why you put secret in quotation. It seems you ne'er heard of Secret Archives. And, people are not allowed to enter there... Unless special reasons. Moreover, mocking me is idiotic. :)

Best Answer