southernstar1987 southernstar1987 22-25, F 12 Answers Oct 18, 2012 in Hobbies

hmm i didnt know the cherokees had a written language so thank u for that and congradulations on perserving your language and culture

Best Answer

Thank you;)

Best Answer

Native American IS NOT a language....LOL.

Best Answer

If you would have asked what kind I would have said Cherokee

Best Answer

Someone else asked it. I knew what you meant though....lol.

Best Answer

Lol

Best Answer

ARen't there like, dozens upon dozens of Native American languages?

Best Answer

Yes I'm learning Cherokee

Best Answer

Kituhwa or Overhill ?

Best Answer

Hahaha...native american....there are like 500 languages that the native americans spoke

Best Answer

I left it open to see if anyone spoke in a native language I'm learning Cherokee

Best Answer

You sound like you can´t even speak English.

Best Answer

I can speak fine what I wanted to know is if anyone spoke native that's why I said it like that

Best Answer

Native what ?
Do you realize how many tribes are still there in America ( North , Central and West ) ?
Native is not a language.

Best Answer

i left it open to see if anyone spoke any kind I'm learning Cherokee

Best Answer

Oh, that´s interesting. I wish I could help you. But perhaps you can create an experience (group) here and maybe some posters that do know it or are interested in learning it can help you :-)

Best Answer

Good idea thanks

Best Answer

To try to convert them to Christianity? So many of them were physically and sexually abused by clergy that it might be a tough sell. <br />
Plus their creation myths are so much more colourful than yours.

Best Answer

i am Cherokee

Best Answer

Why does everyone have to be rude no matter what I say I said no where about Christianity. I'm learning cause I am Cherokee and I want to learn more

Best Answer

You use religion like some men use their dix. You always have it out trying to shove it down peoples' throats.

Best Answer

That has nothing to do with this post so..... grow up.... I am a Christian so what does that make me any less than you?

Best Answer

si yo! chooch!!

Best Answer

What does that mean?

Best Answer

its slang for hello boy

Best Answer

Lol

Best Answer

From which nation?

Best Answer

Cherokee

Best Answer

Not familiar, sorry. More knowledged in Ojibway

Best Answer

North Carolina I was born there but my mother got remarried when I was young I can speak some but not write

Best Answer

I grew up in a community with a large population of Ojibway people. I picked up a lot of the language. Have been up into Nunavut (Northern Canada) for work and would like to learn more of their language. It's very expressive.

Best Answer

Yes I can talk some but I don't know how to read or write well. . I agree with you very expressive ;)

Best Answer

Good luck with your exploration of Cherokee!! I remember reading that during WWII, at the height of coded messaging (like Enigma) the allies used native folks to send messages in their mother tongue. The Nazis thought it was the most advanced code they'd ever encountered!

Best Answer

Yes its tough I only speak some cause of my mom

Best Answer