I suggest you consult the relative article on stratfor.com., although you might need a subscription to access that. The short answer is that North Korea, just like any communist nation during the cold war, really does not pose any real threat besides socio-economic destabilization. For that reason alone no nuclear option is on the table. I do believe that it is only a matter of time for N. Korea to collapse, especially that now China is being brought into the international world trade in a much official manner. So the chinese would not sacrifice economic stability for political support of a rogue nation. Take the chinese out of the picture and N. Korea can only posture. Their arsenal capabilities can easily be handled and I am not being optimistic about it. <br />
It will take 2-3 Aegis cruisers with Standard-3 capabilities patroling the triangle between Japan, Hawaii and Alaska.

Best Answer

Look, if you build the largest missle offense and defense system on the planet, you can't expect other countries to sit by and do nothing. They are not going to catch up, but they may be able to stave off other nations moving in on them, and telling them how to run their affairs. This is why this whole new world order thing will fail. It is about opression of other nations. As a world power, we could have taken this in the direction of showing other nations that we could take them down if we wanted to, and that we are staying our hand, and letting them grow in their own time, to show true leadership, as you would show your children. Instead, we have chosen a path of "Don't do as I do. Do as I tell you". Does that work with your kids?

Best Answer

I don't really think any country should take North Korea seriously, but it never huts to be cautious. North Korea has been threatening the US, Japan, and South Korea since the beginning of the Korean War. Since the leader of North Korea is paranoid and crazy, it's rather hard to guess what actions the country will take, but I think launching a preemptive strike would be rather disastrous. Nuclear retaliation is also off the table. I don't think the USA would want the bad press that would result and it would be unfair to make the North Korean people suffer more than they already have under their defective government. Although most of Pyongyang could be considered a military target, as average citizens don't have a chance to live there, it would be better to use surgical strikes to obliterate the true military targets. <br />
If North Korea strikes first, as disastrous to South Korea as that might be, it would give the US and its allies true reason for regime change, and it's hard to see that China would back North Korea in that situation. <br />
The best policy is to continue to put sanctions on them, monitor them closely, and cautiously wait to see what happens as one of Kim's sons comes into power.

Best Answer

It is the time in our history where we must take every nation seriously....large or small.

Best Answer

North Korea should always be taken seriously. It is run by people who are not accountable to anyone inside the country and paranoid about everyone outside.<br />
I have no idea how to solve it, but care must be taken.

Best Answer

And now there is a bit of a power vacuum.

Best Answer

They just want us to **** away another $10,000,000,000. They can't do **** to us, come on. We have the ******* bombs.

Best Answer

Take the people seriously, respect and appreciate them, not because they hold power but because they are people just the same and uniquely different as anyone else.

Best Answer