She says he is the happiest person in the world and so is she. Over the years she had learned to feel and talk healthy with this man. I have always looked up to this lady. She told me I need to grow up and try listenening to this person. And Truth is I do think I love him. Just that I am use to going out ith drunks. My ex. Died from booze. So who knows maybe I can learn to be a beeter person also. And like life alot more then I do at times. I will proceed to talk with him and try to not be negative Again He is not newly Sober 24 years he told me he has
carmm carmm 51-55, M 1 Answer Jun 15, 2009

UGH!<br />
You really need to think long and hard about this. This person, whom you are sitting around debating about, is trying to get his life back in order... to become healthy and rid himself of his addiction. You cannot play around with his emotions! If you can't support him 150% then don't waste his time!!! Your friend is right, you are being selfish! You said you would not go to Alanon to support him. He needs only positive, supportive people in his life right now. Not someone who is only concerned about having fun, and living with people who drink and do drugs! Maybe you should seek counseling first before you attempt to have a relationship with this man. Do research and find out what his needs are and ask yourself honestly if you can be an unselfish person and support his needs and his recovery.

Best Answer