Nimbus007 Nimbus007 46-50, M 93 Answers Sep 30, 2012 in Hobbies

Atheism: The belief that we have a long way to go before we even begin to understand the infinite complexities of the universe.... <br />
Religion: "The big magic sky-man made it all, now give me some money."....

Best Answer

Hmm... I think there are simplistic atheists out there and religious people who think we have a long way to go before we begin to understand the complexities of the universe.

Best Answer

I appreciate that abstraction

Best Answer

Where do people get the idea that a sentient being has to have created everything? It doesn't even make sense! If you believe that complex things have to be made by sentient beings, why don't you believe that there's an endless chain of sentient beings creating sentient beings? Oh my not god.

Best Answer

The Bible tells us who created the uniiverse and the earth. <br />
Check out your own Bible, and read Isaiah 45: 18. For this is what Jehovah has said, the Creator of the heavens, He the true God, the Former of the earth and the Maker of it, He the One who firmly established it who did not create it simply for nothing, who formed it even to be inhabited: I am Jehovah and there is no one else.<br />
If you have ever created a new recipe, an epicurean's delight, you might share the recipe with someone you really care about. <br />
Colossians 1 : 13 - 20 ( summary) We can be transferred from darkness into the Kingdom of the Son of his love if we beleve that Jesus is our ransomer, that Jesus is the image of the invisible God, that he will reconcile us with God, and bring peace to the earth, and by means of him, all other things were created in the heavens and upon the earth, all other things have been created through him and for him. <br />
First Timothy 2 : 5 also says - For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all - this is what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times. <br />
~ Boshie

Best Answer

The universe doesn't exist. Its just an echo of a potentiality in nothingness. Smoke and mirrors. Bah humbug. I'm not buyin it.

Best Answer

Different.

Best Answer

I learned a new word that doctors like to use to describe people. It was also used in my medical reports. The word is "supratentorial" It's a figment of our imagination. "I must have been supratentorial to imagine that a plethora of ******* motions appeared in one day after taking a rotten drug."
A lot of people don't like the explanation that the earth and the universe were created in 6 days. Doesn't that seem ridiculous? Where would God get such an idea, and expect us to believe it?
One explanation is that he has another viewpoint of time. Psalms 90 : 4 says: "For a thousand years are in your eyes but as yesterday when it is passed."
2 Peter 3 : 8 also implies the same thought.
"However, let this one fact not be escaping your notice, beloved ones, that one day with Jehovah is as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day."
Many religionists would argue that thought, just as they did the thought when someone dared say that the earth was round and not flat. Isaiah 40 : 22 clearly said,:
"There is One who is dwelling above the circle of the earth......the One who is stretching out the heavens just as a fine gauze, who spreads them out like a tent in which to dwell."
Where would we be if there was no cohesiveness in the solar system? Gauze is certainly a good illustration to explain how it's held together.
You have a right to your belief, but if it doesn't exist, who are you and what are you doing here in this space and time if you don't exist? Maybe you're having a supratentorial episode in your life like my doctor insists that I'm having. ~ Boshie

Best Answer

But He did. He created everything that is, has been, and will be, existing in perfect harmony according to His divine design.

Best Answer

Oh but God did create the universe and is the upholder and sustainer of it !

Best Answer

God is the only One who made and still makes everything and everyone perfectly.

Best Answer

How do you explain me?

Best Answer

God can,If you can or someone else then come to show us.but you cannot do everything without the permission of God

Best Answer

no one did, watch carl sagans cosmos, through the worm hole, and the evolution of star stuff

Best Answer

Nobody did.<br />
Or.....<br />
In the beginning there was only the swirling watery chaos, called Nu. Out of these chaotic waters rose Atum, the sun god of the city of Heliopolis. It is believed that he created himself, using his thoughts and will. In the watery chaos, Atum found no place on which to stand. In the place where he first appeared, he created a hill. This hill was said to be the spot on which the temple of Heliopolis was built. Other interpretations find that Atum was the hill. In this interpretation Atum may represent the fertile, life giving hills left behind by the receding waters of the Nile's annual flood. As early as the Fifth-Dynasty, we find Atum identified with the sun god Ra. By this time his emergence on the primeval hill can be interpreted as the coming of light into the darkness of Nu. As the god of the rising sun, his name is Khepri.<br />
. . . . .His next act was to create more gods. Because he was all alone in the world, without a mate, he made a union with his shadow. This unusual way of procreating offspring was not considered strange to the Egyptians. We find Atum regarded as a bisexual god and was sometimes called the 'Great He-She'. The Egyptians were thus able to present Atum as the one and only creative force in the universe.<br />
. . . . .According to some texts the birth of Atum's children took place on the primeval hill. In other texts, Atum stayed in the waters of Nu to create his son and daughter. He gave birth to his son by spitting him out. His daughter he vomited. Shu represented the air and Tefnut was a goddess of moisture. Shu and Tefnut continued the act of creation by establishing a social order. To this order Shu contributed the 'principles of Life' while Tefnut contributed the 'principles of order'.<br />
. . . . .After some time Shu and Tefnut became separated from their father and lost in the watery chaos of Nu. Atum, who had only one eye, which was removable. This was called the Udjat eye. Atum removed the eye and sent it in search of his children. In time they returned with the eye. At this reunion Atum wept tears joy, where these tears hit the ground, men grew. Now Atum was ready to create the world. So Shu and Tefnut became the parents of Geb, the earth and Nut, the sky. Geb and Nut gave birth to Osiris and Isis, Seth, Nephthys.

Best Answer

you're pretty knowledgeable for a chipmunk.

Best Answer

You could have just cited the Enuma Elish too :)

Best Answer

Rather i wonder how god was created...?

Best Answer

God (Allah) has no beginning and no end He always was and will always be. He exists without place, form or shape, is not comparable to anything that He created. He was not created but is the Creator. We cannot see Him but He exists. He knows, sees, hears all things.

Best Answer

No one, the universe was created by the Big Bang, a phenomenon we still do not understand. One of the most plausible explanations would be through the energy that is created in the vacuum space outside our own universe, the area after where our universe ends, infinite and completely void of anything. The energie had nowhere to go and became more chaotic over time, creating a gigantic blast, which in turn created our universe.<br />
But aside from that, has god proven anything yet? Like, has he written anything, made a recording of his voice or made an appearance that we all can prove. Apparently he had more time to put his son's face on a piece of toast than save a church with children from being hit by a tornado. Please people, stop believing in something as outdated as god and the bible. We "evil scientists", have proof, we have empirical statistics, we can prove everything to you that science has created, if you got the time we'd be gladly to oblige. If not, oh well, living in delusion is also one way to survive I guess.

Best Answer

gravity is a theory ;)

Best Answer

I want to ask you both to give me the meaning of theory and please do not give me the dictionary meaning. Yes, indeed, the big bang is still a concept many theorize about, however we can say with a health amount of certainty that the big bang indeed happened. Next, gravity, seriously, a theory? Yes true, it is indeed a theory, but I am quite sure that you don't know what a theory is. Just like evolution is a THEORY while containing hard evidence of it existing, just like how the laws of thermodynamics are a THEORY while they are indeed a LAW. Stephen Hawking is rolling in his grave right now because of you two, or perhaps the poor guy is squirming, you two should be ashamed for causing this.

Best Answer

l ron hubbard?..

Best Answer

I am an agnostic. I believe that some sort of higher being created the universe, I just think that the complexities of this being don't necessarily fall within the realm of a single religion that claims to have all the answers. I kind of find it annoying when they start saying that you're going to hell for not believing in their version of the higher power.

Best Answer

Ninjas

Best Answer

Please, could you all settle down, I have been too modest to say it, but I was bored, had a bit of spare time a little while ago . . .

Best Answer

"God" created the universe by definition.<br />
"God" is an umbrella concept that ties together every loose end and bundles them all together for convenience and for ready sale..

Best Answer

reading all these answers is sad. Brings to mind Romans 1:18-20 as well as Jude 1:18.

Best Answer

Chakravartin? Been playing Asura's Wrath lol

Best Answer

never heard of the big bang pheory??????

Best Answer

thoughts

Best Answer