I personally find it extremely offensive and ignorant of what Christ stood for. He did not stand for gay marriage, throwing the blame upon others, deception, suppression of religion or abortion. Christ was humble, not arrogant as Obama is and he was highly respectful of others, again, not like Obama. Obama is not a savior, far, far from it. He has thrown the country into division, instead of what Christ would have done, which would be trying to get the parties to work together and accept their differences. Instead, as much as Obama claims he wishes to "work together" he consistently throws Republicans under the bus and makes it impossible for them to agree with his proposals. Obama is not Christ, he's a man who wishes he was more than he is and acts like he rules the world. The most confounding thing is that no one has the nerve to complain about it in Boston where it is being displayed this go around.
SilenceEvermore SilenceEvermore 22-25, T 14 Answers Nov 28, 2012 in WTK

It's absolutely ridiculous how obsessed people are with Obama. Comparing him to Christ is especially ridiculous since the left has never stood for religion.

Best Answer

the painter Michael D'antuono said, “The crucifixion of the president is meant metaphorically. My intent was not to compare him to Jesus.”

Best Answer

I seen the Painting. All he's missing is him flashing the Peace Sign and a Joint in the other hand. Because you know that whom ever painted this was Tripping

Best Answer

Jesus and his teachings threw everyone into a panic! What are you talking about OP? when Jesus started the new religion...most people were against him...that is why he died. this is how people bring about change. MLK, JFK, and yes, Obama are all Jesus like. They brought out the worst and best in people...WHY..YOU MIGHT ASK? because they are/were different. they actually wanted for our lives to be better and if people had listened to them, this country would be as great as it thinks it is.

And Jesus became the superstar that he is long after he was dead and this is because he was a martyr . the world loves a martyr. as the story spread, people really felt for him. but there are millions who still don't believe in him or his religion.

Best Answer

Christianity undermined the traditional belief that the Emperor was a God in and of himself. That would upset the contributions made to the Emperor and the respect the people had for him as an authoritative figure. It wasn't because of the teachings. Obama is not like Christ, in any way. Look at Christ's teachings, now look at what Obama does, now look back at Christ's teachings. I am fairly certain they are far, far different. Christ was famous before he died, so famous, in fact, that he was mentioned in Jospehus' histories and numerous others. I have no idea what you're talking about or what history you have been reading.

Best Answer

your remarks only solidify what i was saying...but you don't get it. if you look at the history of all of the presidents, half of the country hated them. only through time and misinformation do we suddenly have so much esteem for Washington, Lincoln, Kennedy...just like Jesus. they all had believers. People who thought that they could do no wrong and that everything good, had that person's name on it. But they had haters also...obviously...or they wouldn't have ended up the way they did...Washington...insane... Lincoln..shot to death ... Kennedy...shot to death...Jesus...nailed to a cross... what is going on in the country right now is the exact same thing. i just hope that the ignorant don't do anything as mindless...and of course there are other writings from that time about Jesus..from both the believers and the none believers.

Best Answer

Obama is not doing anything but fücking the country up and going counter the beliefs taught by Christ, this is why it is and always will be outrageous to depict him in such a light. Lincoln wasn't a good president either, Kennedy was shot because of his dealings with Russia and the Mafia, Jesus was killed for the reasons stated above. Yes, everyone has haters, but unlike with Christ, the ones who find this portrayal of Obama despicable on every level have every right to, as one need only look at his policies to see that he is not, in any way, like Christ.

Best Answer

you don't know anything about politics or Jesus or Obama...i wish people would stop holding up one as if he were more than a man and the other one as less than a man

Best Answer

Oh, that's quite the viable retort. "You don't know anything."

Best Answer

so are the words..."viable retort"...is this Frasier? Frasier Crane? I love your radio program...GOBAMA!

Best Answer

Obama is the anti-Christ. I share your disgust. I am fearful of the future and hope the cross checks that the fore fathers work out in the end. The election was stolen and a farce.

Best Answer

proof?

Best Answer

I think the proof is ‘Westboro Baptist Church says so’

Best Answer

Babs is just another sheep that follows a false shepherd. Only the illiterates that do not have the knowledge on Obama voted for this pretender-in-chief! I want Obama out and impeached!

Best Answer

I pray that something will happen before the electoral college meets and votes.

Best Answer

Well I asked Jesus Christ if he had a problem with it, and he said nothing. So I'm assuming Jesus doesnt mind.

Best Answer

Dead people don't talk?

Best Answer

Agree. It is blasphemous and sacrilege. Im not surprised though, only in america.

Best Answer

First Amendment rocks

Best Answer

It rocks unless you're mocking Muslims.

Best Answer

Say good bye to that amendment fool! You sure don't know much about Obama and his executive orders. You also don't know much about the U.N. and the NWO. Your illiteracy is astounding here!

Best Answer

Yeah 1st amendment is good and all that,we have freedom of speech where I live too its just we dont worship our politicians like you guys over there...

Best Answer

It just goes to show how much he is appreciated by many in America I guess. Your comparison of Obama to Christ is your own opinion only and clearly not everyone feels the same way otherwise the painting wouldn't exist. I would say the painting is going a bit far but at least Obama cares about everyone without making judgements about who is worthy and who isn't (as you have done here and other Republicans have done).

Best Answer

He does judge who is worthy and who isn't, what are you talking about? Obama is not worthy of being compared to Christ, anyone who has read up on Christ and his teachings would likely agree. The painting exists because Americans are into extreme forms of appreciation for anyone who isn't white.

Best Answer

Your words would be met with dissaproval by Christ, in my opinion. As I read His teachings, we are to follow His example- not attack those who differ. Even when sentenced to the cross, Jesus did not spew cr@p at his enemies. There has to be a more Christ-like method for you to express your views without such hatred. Christ would like that.

Best Answer

Your are stating what I said is innaccurate. Do you deny that Obama supports abortion or gay marriage? Do you deny that he blames Republicans while claiming to work with them? Do you deny that he is not in the least humble or apologetic? It's not crap if it's true.

Best Answer

Did obuma care about any of the innocent civilians he has slaughtered with his illegal drone attacks? Him signing into law an act that states American civilians can be indefinitely detained without evidence under the mere suspicion off "terrorism" (now officially the most broadly defined word in the history of language) with no communication with family and no representation is obuma being non-judgmental? The only people still supporting this sociopath are people not paying a goddam bit of attention to what's going on outside of the mainstream puppet media. Do some research for yourself and you'll learn that all the politicians are evil scum. At least those at the top are, no offense too any small town mayors and sheriffs. *shaka*

Best Answer

Bush signed the Patriot Act. Obama renewed it with Republican support. The Senate voted 72-23 for the legislation to renew three terrorism-fighting authorities. The House passed the measure 250-153 on an evening vote. *shaka* that.

Best Answer

Making judgments about whether people are a danger to others in a civilised society is not he same thing as judging them on their sexuality or their skin colour.

Best Answer

And I was doing neither. Obama, on the other hand, does.

Best Answer

Screw government ok? Obama is a pretender-in-chief that hides his real identity. Only sheep like you follow a false shepherd.

Best Answer

Babz sounds like he was there! lmao. Take a hike Babz!

Best Answer

Babz will be one of those in a camp soon under this pretender-in-chief and we will see this person cry. Only sheep like Babz follow a false shepherd!

Best Answer

Oh, jeez...Here we go....

Best Answer

You haven't supplied a LINK to the painting, so I can view it, prior to commenting on it.

Best Answer
Best Answer

I think it is idiotic, but I am a very strong supporter of free speech and free expression FOR EVERYONE.

Best Answer

I think everyone has their own perception and from that particular perception everything that person does makes sense at the time of doing it. The picture itself doesnt bother me a bit because why should it? It's only a canvas with colors on it arranged in such a way to make a recognizeable picture. Obama is certainly not Christ and we know it and so does the person who made the picture. It was probably done just to stir uo controversy and add more negativity to the world. Like we need that with all that is going om already. Christ was on Earth to teach Love and compassion. I suspect he would find the picture amusing and be upset that so many people are getting silly over it instead of focusing on the important things in life like LOVE, PEACE, HAPPINESS, and just plain POSITIVE ENERGY.

Best Answer

It was meant to liken Obama to Christ, as a savior, you don't find that in the least bit offensive after looking at what Obama supports?

Best Answer

Not at all. Why should I? I have much more important things to worry about then what one person decides to paint. But what should be thought about is the coincidence of when it was painted. Right after the most divided election our country has ever seen? Two immediate possibilities come to mind. First is the Romney supporters (I am not talking about the population. I am talking about the extreme elite that run things from behind scenes like the Bush Faction) are unhappy that Romney lost and they are just trying to stir up more crap against Obama. What a better way to do that than have someone publically compare him to Christ. The other possibility that comes to mind can either be additional to my first thought or its own possibilty by itself. That is that the government or the elite controlling things is doing something else and they need a good distraction. Hence this work was commissioned. Whatever you have heard about the painting from main stream media is surely not what is really going on and we are silly to think that it is.

Best Answer

Have you seen the painting? It's fairly difficult to imagine it as anything but what I stated..

Best Answer

Yes I saw the painting and I still think that it is a distraction for something else entirely. Someone wants Obama to be seen in a negative light by the masses while hiding something else. There is much more going on behind the scenes than what is on the surface. Please don't get me wrong I didn't vote for Obama, I don't agree with many of his policies and how he acts as president. I do think he was the lesser of the two evils between him and Romney though. I do however think there is much more going on and we should consider why the painting was painted in the first place. And I don't mean to portray Obama as anything. I mean why did someone want the painting portraying Obama in that light to be done in the first place. You will NOT get that bit of info from main stream media.

Best Answer

Jamie Fox calls Obama the Messiah! Obama is a illegal "Kenyan" born pretender-in-chief and those that support and voted for him are sheeple, not people! Obama is the Antichrist!

Best Answer

drank the conspiracy Kool-Aid

Best Answer

No, not at all. I just despise an illegal pretender-in-chief that so many worship. Obama is nothing but trash and needs to be impeached by way of disclosure of records he seals to prevent anyone from showing the real truth that he is illegal. Kool-Aid? Jim Jones eh? Go figure that you would remark this.

Best Answer

Above all Christ was not judgmental and he loved his enemies--

Best Answer

Exactly. Obama does neither.

Best Answer

I find your diatribe to be both hateful and judgmental- Think Christ would approve?

Best Answer

It wasn't in the least hateful, it was pointing out how Obama is not like Christ. Obviously it would have t be judging him to some degree so that I can point out he isn't like Christ. All the judgements are accurate, you can see for yourself in the news. I don't think he would approve of Christians sitting idly by or voting for someone like Obama.

Best Answer

So, what id your point? Jesus doesn't like Obama?

Best Answer

My points, "I personally find it extremely offensive and ignorant of what Christ stood for," "Obama is not a savior" and lastly, "Obama is not Christ." Jesus would not approve of what Obama has been doing and plans to do in the future.

Best Answer

It's the Pope's job to act as the Vicar of Christ- not the President's- WOW- you are Jesus' spokesman- Good to know

Best Answer

Obama is not like Christ----You are?

Best Answer

But he did not blame them when something went wrong and he did love his enemies, he did not love their actions.

Best Answer

I'm not the one with a picture of me as Christ. I try my best to follow his teachings though, unlike the one being depicted as Christ.

Best Answer

Exactly Silencedogood1, we had to ban any comedic depiction of the Muslim Prophet or their religion, but we can run wanton with the beliefs of Christians.

Best Answer

This is a painting by an individual- It is art and subject to many interpretations. "Boston- A painting by Michael D'Antuono, "The Truth," that depicts Obama as crucified Jesus, is on display at Bunker Hill Community College Art Gallery, Boston. The painting is part of an exhibit called "Artists on the Stump–the Road to the White House 2012."
Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/337841#ixzz2DWkcxHqS

Best Answer

That's quite the cop-out.

Best Answer