The insanity of the Obama administration who said on Friday that Unemployment benefits creates jobs. He cited a women near him as the example - By extending Unemployment, "Kathy" can NOW turn up her thermostat, this will help the electric company, and with more business like Kathy's, they can hire more people" - - - AHhhhhhhhhhhhhh! *The INSANITY of the LEFT*........Is this REALLY Obama's econmic recovery plan, Paying people to NOT work and this creates JOB?!!!!!! What say you?
lostinchicago lostinchicago 56-60, M 9 Answers Jan 13 in Politics

Sad but true. :( And the worst part is these idiots keep voting these liberals is. :(

Best Answer

Obama admin does want everyone on subsistence. That's the agenda for a Socialist. Obama and his cronies are just that, Socialists. Ever heard the term "from cradle to the grave"? That's what their aim is for Government to run your life from the cradle to the grave. No more freedoms.

Best Answer

@ Boot - That's exactly right....To a Prisoner, even his JAILER is a Savior because he brings him food and water...Sheesh! Its how LIBERALS WORK!

Best Answer

I agree, and who is expected to pay for all this care, the hardworking people that can't get ahead because they are being overtaxed.

Best Answer

No more of that critical thinking! Back in line, peasant!

Best Answer

HAHA! Oh...I forgot! "Nothing to see here Chicago, Just move along..." Nice! :)

Best Answer

I'm glad Kathy can turn up her heat! It's been cold! Extended unemployment benefits do allow for more money to enter the economy.... more money.....potentially more jobs...<br />
"Unemployment was extended 5 times under Bush... the left never balked...different party in power....<br />
"When George W. Bush was president, noted Labor Secretary Thomas Perez on Jim Lehrer’s PBS show last week, unemployment benefits were extended five times, “no strings attached any of those times.” So as long as it was a Republican president under whom their constituents were out of work, they were happy to vote to extend the benefits. The last extension under Bush, in late 2008, passed 368-28 in the House of Representatives. Remember, this was with no “pay-fors,” in the argot. This vote took place a month before Election Day, which may have partly motivated 142 Republicans to vote for it with only the real hard-shellers going against it." http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/01/13/the-fight-over-unemployment-benefits-underscores-the-right-s-extremism.html

Best Answer

@ Rosie.....What are you talking about - ? Extending Benefits is one thing - To cite it creates Jobs is LEFT WING Lunacy.....The Vote in the Senate is to make U.I. 99 week permanent......This has NOTHING to do with BUSH....Please!.....Obama's been in charge 5 years talking about "recovery" -

Best Answer

You're missing the point Rosie. Unemployment should be used as an interim until one gets a new job. Nothing wrong with that since employers pay into it. My point is that this administration would have everyone relying on the Government from the moment they are born until the they are placed in the ground. This Government wants to take away your freedoms, your rights that that are guaranteed under the constitution. In fact they want to do away the the constitution altogether. There have been comments by the left that the our constitution, the one our soldiers, Marines and navy have died over the centuries to protect, as well as the politicians and presidents have taken oaths to uphold and protect, should be torn up and rewritten.
Do you realize that the constitution was written to protect this country's citizens from an overreaching overbearing Government? That's what they want now, a Government the runs your life and ever aspect of it.

Best Answer

I have to agree, I am 15th generation American. My ancestors fought and died to protect a way of life that was free and allowed people to work hard and get ahead. Not to be controlled every minute and every way by any government.

Best Answer

@ Sweet - My family got here from Italy, 1920 or there about, I'm only 2nd Gen. and I feel the same way and in fact....Its the reason my Grandparents came here....To NOT BE controlled.

Best Answer

@ Boot.....Correct again! Couldn't have said it better.......

Best Answer

Or you could look at the economic study undertaken during GW Bush's presidency which found for every dollar paid in unemployment benefits , two were added to the real economy. I would have thought that kind of thing might excite fiscal conservatives , no ?

Best Answer

@ Peza, First, Obama's owned this for the past 5 years....He's clueless....(2) Not about Bush. But if you must know (and can look it up), When Bush left office, Unemployment (U3) Number was 5.2% and the (U6) number was about 7.1% Under Obama, the (U3) is nearly 8% and the (U6) at nearly 16%.......You can argue "Bush" - but can't run from the facts of Obama.

Best Answer

You sidestepped my point though.

Best Answer

@ Peza....What point? about Bush? - I didn't "side step" it...It wasn't relevant to the question...Bush may have had another plan (for better or worse) but NEVER did he say "U.E. creates jobs" - That was the point.

Best Answer

LOL, I know right? But to these Obama supporters everything is Bush's fault. They blamed the black woman that went on a rampage and tried to slam her car into the white house Bush's fault. When insurance companies started cancelling policies because of the "affordable healthcare act", that was bush's fault. There was one ludicrous thing that nothing to do with politics that I read last night that was blamed on Bush. I just cant remember what it was it was so inane.

Best Answer

I agree with you, it doesn't create jobs at all. It merely allows someone who was gainfully employed for a period of time to maintain their essentials of life while searching for another job in their field, or a similar field, that pays within 80% of what they were getting paid before their "layoff" so to speak. I don't feel that it should be considered an "entitlement" like welfare or food stamps or medicaid, but It certainly is essential in the short term, to allow people the means and opportunity to get back into the workforce.

Best Answer

@ Acura - Exactly........(on your first part) But on Friday, this is what Obama was trying to sell....No one will argue that "people" need Unemployment for short term, but....To suggest it creates jobs and is a way of life is Lunacy!

Best Answer

So spending by unemployment insurance recipients creates jobs and spurs the economy but spending by the wealthy does not because thats the "discredited trickle down theory". I see.

Best Answer

@ Red - Exactly.....

Best Answer

Face the facts you hate OBAMA anything and everything is his fault<br />
Wait and watch when both houses are in control of the republicans and every program gets cut by Billions the have's and have nott's who have the NRA in there back pocket will come out for the haves and you can blame the Black guy for that too. Hate is Hate

Best Answer

This isn't about hate and you who fall back to that tactic are using that as a cop out.

Best Answer

@ Boot - Its how the LEFT works....Conservatives talk about solving problems or cite what's NOT working, Liberals Attack Conservatives - Same old play book

Best Answer

@ Sir.....You understand your SICKNESS, right? I cite facts, you cite the NRA, Steel mills, China....HAHA! You're Playbook doesn't work with me - STICK TO THE POINT and QUESTION - You think just ONE LIBERAL HACK can tell the truth? Just ONE - Hey, it could be you!!! - Here's your chance to Step Up.....Not fall down *Not holding my breath, tho!*

Best Answer

Hey you forget who you are talking to. No work and then get some pot, and you have a God for a president.

Best Answer

Oh! haha!

Best Answer