USA is too broke and in debt to start another war or to be a threat to anybody. Nobody cares.
dskdw25q9n dskdw25q9n 61-65, M 11 Answers Mar 3 in Politics

If we got to war everybody will care. What do you think added greatly to this recession? The fact that we spent so much money & Deeick Cheney's Halliburton mopped up on your taxes.....<br />
The things that Obama suggested are actually quite reasonable - sanctions by all of Europe that wish to, interrupting trade with Russia that has escalated a lot lately. Russian oil has to go through pipelines in the Ukraine that would seriously hurt their economy if interrupted.<br />
The Ukraine threw out a leader much like Putin, his guy, and since we are supposedly the land of the free, it is very appropriate.<br />
Europe is not laughing, they are asking that we lead in the sanctions that they will support.<br />
I suggest you stop watching Faux Snooze and get some facts.

Best Answer

Sorry man but you sound like the one watching Faux News. This is not the 1950s and Russia did not install Yanycovich and you need to understand that the Party of Regions was a pro Russian speaking Ukrainian party not a Pro Russian party. That is a huge distinction.

Second, this was a coup by EU and US backed putsch that uses ultra national fascist para military militias to control the capital because they have no control over the actual military and they disbanded the Berkut to get the real rule of law out of their way.

As for the EU threatening sanctions that is a complete joke. That would be like the US sanctioning Canada. The EU cannot afford to carry out that threat even if they wanted to. If EU started economic warfare with the Russian Federation they would lose and lose bad.

Best Answer

What would you do?

Best Answer

I think the entire US Empire is standing around naked at this point. The only real threat the US government could throw at Russia was to kick them out of the G8. What a joke.

Best Answer

The United States has become a principal in a rotten high school ... The principal can get on the intercom and set down the rules that need to be followed ... but the bullies in school don't give a rats behind about the rules ... they'll do what they want because they can and there isn't much anybody will do about it

Best Answer

Russia is weak. N very poor u see the pathetic olympics n opening ceramony they put on lol pathetic

Best Answer

Maybe you should google before you post

Best Answer

he's been so good for us................NOT!

Best Answer

Y'know, the whole world is laughing at the US, not just Obama. The United States and it's people are embodied in the POTUS. This isn't a laughing matter. Russia has gotten out of hand. You may not like Obama, but let's not diss the whole country as well. Also, it's only an empty threat because the people wouldn't want another war. If Americans did want war, I'm sure the US is never too broke to wage one.

Best Answer

Except for Senator John McCain, I think all other Americans care more about fixing domestic problems than worrying about preserving democracy in some distant nation that most Americans can't even find on a map.

Best Answer

But the problem with that is because the world is internationally connected, businesses (big ones) are going to feel the strain. And lord knows America has to keep them happy. I don't think America's domestic problems will ever be fixed. Not as long as we have democrats and republicans, and are catering to the needs of big business. We as average Americans may hope to fix our domestic problems, but those higher up aren't. Lol, most Americans are foolish if they can't find Ukraine, no? Haha, ahh, but education is a major problem in America XD I 'd rather the situation in Ukraine not lead to war. I believe Putin is in a Cold War mindset which would be very dangerous. As you pointed out, America is in not position to win Cold War number 2, and that's a scary thought.

Best Answer

china has the world in its hands

Best Answer

I wish you didn't say that. Now I am hungry for Chinese food.

Best Answer

Bull. The USA is no longer anything special. The world no longer revolves around what the USA is willing to buy or sell.

Best Answer

Don't confuse me with the facts. Changing my opinion takes too much initiative.

Best Answer

War is the best thing for an economy though. Creates a lot of jobs. Besides, judging from the fact that the national budget is routinely raised by both parties, no one cares about overspending.

Best Answer

Being perpetually at war is exactly what has devastated the USA economy.

Best Answer

It's good to think of at least the last hundred years of the nation's economic history, not just the last 15. Also, many argue the housing crisis in 2008 is what tanked the economy, not the wars. The military, after all, had not exceeded its budget in the last fifteen years.

Best Answer

I seem to remember something of a crash after WWI and Vietnam in our history books.... Don't you? Also a not so minor recession at the end of the Cold War from all that spending with little value. The only post war that was "Good for the economy" was WWII and that was because the US was the only industrialized nation with it's infrastructure untouched.

Best Answer

Vietnam War devastated USA economy for years thereafter. I am old enough to recall.

Best Answer

Best Answer

Latest data I've seen places the cost of the wars, that was funded off the books until 2007, will amount to 20% of the US debt. Unfortunately, a little over 30% is due to the Bush era tax cuts not covering his administrations runaway spending to expand government: TSA, NSA, military, and privatization of government function which has actually cost more money. The housing Crisis is a Clinton, Bush and elite class blunder. Why hasn't Glass-Steagall legislation been reinstated. We've put a band-aid on something that will tank our economy in the near future!

Best Answer

I forgot what devastated the ancient Roman Empire. I think Roman leaders became a bunch of upper-class, fat, lazy slobs.

Best Answer