Hope you dont mind me saying,but the dog you get could,given loving attention,be the best friend you could have.The worth of a dog as a guard is in their bark,its enough to deter most intruders,but any intruder determined to enter will not be detered by a dog.Most dogs will bark at noise outside,so you could have a good look at what type of dog you fancy as a pet,and companion.Every dog Ive had has been a rescue,and they make brilliant pets.

Best Answer

In fact I want the dog to be my best friend, I also want that dog to be able to guard a little, as most burglars would chose a home with no dog rather than one that has a dog, I dislike small ones so I'm going for something a little bigger. And I may also consider adopting one if I like the dog, worried about training because it's my first, I don't want a mean dog dominating and scaring everyone away ...

Best Answer

Hey,Im so glad to hear that.One advantage with a lot of rescue dogs is that they are so happy to have a home that they are keen to please,which makes training easier.Best wishes with it.

Best Answer

Labradors do make excellent guard dogs because they've got a nice loud bark, but I can understand not caring for them. They chew up everything when they're little. I speak from the experience of having lost about eight left shoes one summer.<br />
You might think about a German Shepherd. They are very good for guarding and very sociable as long as you train them well from an early age. <br />
I am personally a fan of going to the animal shelter and adopting a dog from there. You can't always tell what breed you're getting, but the best dogs I've ever had have been mutts that we adopted.

Best Answer

Yupp I'm thinking about a German Shepherd, they say they're great companions.. your labrador lol :P he chews everything in his way, they say they are cute and fiercely loyal, but I still dislike them for some reason : I may think about adopting one, if I can tell the breed when doing so, to study it's traits and see if it's easy to train cuz it's my first dog so it's not going to be a piece of cake ..

Best Answer

Get a bull mastiff-no one will ever fugg with you.

Best Answer

lol :P you're right, but I'm concerned about training, and these things are not so easy to train, it's just my first dog so ...

Best Answer

OH SHYT GEWD POINT-they are so fuggin cool though!

Best Answer

a long sausage dog to hit them with.

Best Answer