Okay so am I wrong for flipping out on my health teacher today? a couple days ago my health class started discussing fast food- specifically McDonalds. My health teacher was overly harsh on the place (and I mean dude, I hate the food and even I wouldn't've been so mean.) so my friend who works there asked if she could do some other work since Mc donalds is the most convenient for her to eat and he was making her feel like crap. So basically he is all A** holish and tells her no and then announces that we'll be watching the SuperSizeMe video today which I have already seen. I asked if I could do something else since the last time I saw the video I actually got sick to my stomach and had to go home. Once again he acts like a jerk causing my friend to leave the room crying and me flipping out on him. He started talking about how he's always gotten good evals and how we weren't going to ruin that for him so I started flippig out on him. I know that this sounds weird but I left out a lot of detail
Shayisboss Shayisboss 16-17, F 11 Answers Dec 21, 2012 in Education

Yes, that was a drama queen teen move for both of you. Allow your educators to educate you...don't make up your mind on anything untill you have all the facts.

Best Answer

It wasn't drama queenish. I didn't like the fact thath wouldn't allow us to do something else just so that he would get a good evaluation. Last time I checked, his job was to uphold the welfare of his students, not be principal's pet. We were willing to go into another room and do work. But I didn't feel like being subjcted to do something I knew I wouldn' be able to handle and my friend didn't feel like being reminded that the only thing between her and some sort of an income is ruining her body. It's not that easy to get a job at 15.

Best Answer

i understand where you're coming from. video media can be really overwhelming, as especially are documentaries like that, so the teacher shouldn't have made you two watch it since it was causing you distress. he should have let you do a little research assignment instead, in the library or on the internet, on exactly the same subject matter, where it would just be rational black and white print instead of sensationalist propaganda. given how eager the rest of the class were to watch it, it is clear you two were not just making up excuses to get out of "work", and being the responsible worker and citizen respectively that she and you are, it is obvious that you two could have been trusted to work independently. i wouldn't worry about the effect on your grades, because it gets a whole lot worse at uni anyway if you want to do anything worthwhile from within the system. you will find your niche in a political movement. you seem intelligent enough to get high enough grades even after being penalised, to do whatever further study you really need to do.

Best Answer

Honestly, yeah, you where wrong for doing that. The work that you had to do isn't that hard, all you had to do was the work, write the reports or whatever, not that hard. The next part of this is that you didn't want to watch the movie. That's all you had to do. There was nothing difficult about that and you basically made a huge scene, so of course the teacher is going to get frustrated.

Best Answer

I wasn't making a scene because he was making me do the work. I was making a scene because of the way he talked to and treated my friend. I don't flip out for no reason. When someone feels that they need to be so nasty and rude to someone that they no longer want to fight for themselves anymore, they seriously need to be talked to. I don't flip out just because someone makes me do something that I don't want to. I'm not that stupid or ghetto.

Best Answer

But then it should be something that your friend should speak up about. That is your teacher. This is the assignment. If she can't afford healthier foods, you should be a friend and help her out that way so she can pass. Let your parents know the situation, so they know why she's eating over at your house. It's something that you guys have to do in order to get grades or she's not going to get grades at all. If it's something that's really serious, you should go to the principal and talk to them about it. If they don't do anything then you'll just have to make do.

Best Answer

Actually I have been helping her out. There are times when I'll sneak her food and she spends like every night at my house where we do have healthy meals. My parents already know her situation. And she's given up fighting. This isn't the first situation we've had with this teacher. He is extremely ignorant and its like he tries to scared up into keeping our mouths shut. Well, I'm done being silent. She can't win over him any more and I'm not dealing with him anymore. No matter what he threatens us with, I'm going to his boss. I should've done it a long time ago.

Best Answer

mh well if that's the case, you really do need to go to your principal. I don't know if you can but try getting a recording of it on video tape, either on your phone or something, find a way to point it where he can't see it, so that he can be caught with proof. I don't know if that would be right to do so in this situation but I don't know how bad the situation really is.

Best Answer

The room itself has cameras which are active 24/7. The proof has been there for as long as I've been attending this class. He just scared us into keeping our mouths shut.

Best Answer

well, depending on what he said, you should go to the principal regardless. I'm sure that those cameras are only there for safety reasons, like if there was a school lock down or someone got into a fight..anything like that. the could look into those tapes and find what they need.

Best Answer

Yes, you're wrong. Why should he have to do a bunch more work when you could simply do what is asked of you to complete an assignment? All throughout life people are going to say no, and not quite as nicely as this teacher did.

Sometimes you have to set aside your own agenda and do what's requested of you.

Best Answer

That ******* never said no nicely. He sat therean told her that she was a disgrace and that she was the reason that america is so obese and asked her if she ever sleeps at night knowing that she just gave most of america a heart attack in a bag. Thats why I flipped out.

Best Answer

Obviously she isn't responsible for the food served at McDonald's or the fact that it's like crack to Americans. (man, their fries are so good!)

Best Answer

"Flipping out" on someone doesn't bring them around to your point of view. When students become verbally combative, it forces teachers to become more aggressive. Not to, would cause a loss of control over the class, along with an end to learning. Perhaps you would get further if you discussed everything with your school guidance counselor.

Best Answer

I didn't flip out to gt my point across. I flipped out because I'll be damned if I let some jerk bully my friend the way that he did. I love my friends and when someone overwelms them to the point that they can no longer fight, thats when I step and put my foot down. And my school guidance councellor is absolutely no help. The woman was supposed to be meeting with me at least once a week for at least a month when I first started the school (I came about 1 1/2 months late.) and I've only seen her once- my first day there. its been 3 months now and I can't even remember her name. And If I weren't too busy trying to figure out how to make t through the day without skipping a beat, I'd've met with her a lot sooner but now, I'm fine.

Best Answer

It's admirable that you would speak up in defense of a friend. It shows that you can be a very good friend, and that you have a strong code of ethics. However, if the point was to put a stop to your teacher upsetting your friend, I'm afraid you may have "flipped out" for nothing.

Best Answer

Ok. So...... most people who are not naturally charming need a lesson but will never get one. Charms schools are a thing of the past. That means we all have to cut each other a ton of slack for our irritating behaviors. This is how.....Do not react. REpeat after me....do not react to irritations. Good luck.

Best Answer

Yes your teacher was just doing his job McDonalds is extremely unhealthy and its his job to warn you away from it.

Best Answer

He wasn't doing his job. His job is to keep us educated as well as ensure that we are excelling in his class. He thinks his job is to get a good evaluation. He did nothing but trash talk my friend and tell her that it was her fault that a majority of America is fat. What teacher says that?

Best Answer

Ok. warning us away from it is one thing. verbally abusing my friends and me is another. He could've reacted a completely different way than what he did.

Best Answer

Ok then your right in targeting your friend he was overstepping his bounds but consider this if he does this job he must feel very passionately about keeping young people healthy he let his passion run away with him but he was trying to help you. Still you were justified in getting angry with him.

Best Answer

As long as he keeps sending them up instead of trashing yours and filling it out. But make sure your side is justified. If a class of 20 is supposed to watch the video, and 2 don't want to watch it...... Is it honestly justified? What has he done in the past with people who have seen the video? make them watch it or let them do something else? Has to be fair and follow past examples I'd say

Best Answer

I've seen the video. I've done the work. We both have. But we both moved to a school district that is stuck on stupid and is teaching us stuff tha we learned years go. I did the exact same thing in 6th grade in a different state. That was 4 years ago. She did it last year in a different county. The point is to teach us something, not give us a trip down memory lane. For the other 10 kids in my class, (its small) They didn't ,mind looking at the video. In fact they werelooking forward to it. So how is offering a productive alternative a bad thing. His suggestion was that I go to the back of the roomand pu my head down. I'm not some stupid kid who does't feel like doing work. I like going to school. I like learning. So why am I being forced to suffer?

Best Answer

You are wrong you take your assignment and do it weather or not you like it.

Best Answer

I never said I wasn't willing to do an assignment. Iwas fully prepared to do a load of HIS work in the next room if he was willing to give it to me. But all he cared about was his stupid SPRING evauation. He's a jerk and I was standing up for my friend.

Best Answer

Unfortunately that doesn't matter if he won't let you sit it out then just ignore the movie itself while doing your assignments, all that argueing with your teacher will do is lower your marks and yes they do that, yeah your right to stand up for you friend I had a cruel teacher myself at your age but theres not much you can do about it in the end and the consequences arent worth it.

Best Answer

See the thing is... I'm looking forward the consequences. Because when the principal tries to ask m why I acted the way I did, I'd be glad to have him pull up the videos from the class period and show him exactly what the teacher said ( he told her that she was a horrible person because she was the reason why America is so obese today.) and did. (We have high quality cameras w/ mics in each of the classrooms.) And then, he can put that on the jerk's evaluation. And if they still decide to give me detention, I'd be proud to go because at least I'd know that I got it for standing up for what I believe in. One thing people don't understand about me is that no matter what level of authority you have, if you abuse your power against me, I'm not just going to allow you to do it. Never have, never will.

Best Answer

Whatever suits you if you;re sure your plan will work then go for it.

Best Answer

McDonald's is gross. When you reach the age of 40 you'll see that.

Best Answer

I hate McDonalds. But the reason why I didn't want to watch the video is because the last time I saw it I threw up. The reason why my friend didn't want to watch it was bcause she knows that she doesn't have a choice but to eat it everyday at work and the teacher himself was making her feel like crap. She didn't need the video adding to that.

Best Answer

Your friend needs to make her own lunch and put on her big girl panties and get over herself.

Best Answer

They don't allow you to bring your own lunch at her job. And sorry for some people not being able to hande verbal abuse as well as you are. Maybe everyone should pretend to be like you instead since you're so strong and brave and invincible.

Best Answer

"since Mc donalds is the most convenient for her to eat"
These are your own words. Either it's "more convenient" for her to eat McDonald's, or she's too lazy to bring her own lunch, or "her job doesn't allow her to bring her own lunch" (which I don't believe at all). Which is it?

Best Answer

its the most convenient because her job doesn't allow her to bring it. She's not lazy. She works her *** off to support herself and her family.

Best Answer

She's a teen mom?
Oh Christ. They're the stupidest ******* around because their parents didn't care enough about them or society to make them have an abortion.

Best Answer

And I've never heard of any job that "forces" their employees to eat lunch at McDonald's. Somebody's full of ****.

Best Answer

actually no. Shes a ******* teen sister. Her parents are stuck on ******* stupid and she doesn't want to lose her family so shes doing everything in her goddamned power to assure their safety and security. Why don't you ******* think before making assumptions like that. And keep this in mind. Not all teen moms are like that because they are ******. There is rape, forced prostitution, and date rape drugs you ignorant fucktard

Best Answer

and they don't force them to eat it. They're not allowed to bring in outside food and if she wants to eat before 11 pm, thats her last resort.

Best Answer

And there's also parents who are too stupid to educate their teenage children about birth control, and that includes the birth control known as abortion. I don't care how they got pregnant, teenage children should not be parents.

Best Answer

Bull s h i t, she's just pissy because the film shows how gross that "food" is, and she's butthurt because the truth hurts, and also she's embarrassed because it's been shown how stupid she is for having eaten it. The world is not going to stop telling the truth just because she whines, and you are a dumb little fool for falling for her sob story.

Best Answer

She's not a parent. And I know that some teen parents were never properly told about birth control but what I'm trying to say is that teen parenthood is not always caused by immaturity. And some people don't believe in abortions. Despite what you say, its their choice. Not everyone likes the idea of destroying a life before it gets the chance to even be considered a life. It's not your place to judge them.

Best Answer

Any parent who does not educate their children about birth control, including abortion, has no business being parents. If I had a daughter, she would be put on birth control the very minute she started her first period. And then have the option to go off or stay on once she turned 18. We don't do teen motherhood in my family.

Best Answer

yeah... because you Fu ck ing know so much about her. You don't know sh it. You have no clue what she's been through, what she's had to sacrifice, and what she has had to put herself through. And no she never even came to me crying with a little sob story. Its what I've ******* had to watch her go through. So like I said you don'tknow ****. so why don't you take your little peace sign and shove it up your ignorant a s s

Best Answer

If you think abortion is murder, it's because your parents raised you wrong.

Best Answer

Once again. STFU about **** that you don't know about. The way my parents raised me has nothing to do with what I think about abortion. I make my own decisions because both of my parents actually agree with it. I don't. Its my choice and you have no right to judge me. You're not God. You're not anybody besides some lonely face behind a computer screen who has completely changed the subject. So why the **** should I care about what you think you know. You know what they say. When you assume, you make an a s s out of u and me. In this case, I'm sad to announce that its just you.

Best Answer

LOL

Best Answer

you know what. I actually do feel stupid right now because I'm still arguing with someone who is stupider than a slice of bread. I don't need you wasting my time. Have a merry fuc king christmas and a very happy new year.

Best Answer

LMAO

Best Answer