jeanemae jeanemae 26-30 24 Answers Dec 21, 2012 in Community

In ancient Greece it was an honoured profession. Throughout history it has had a place at the edge of polite society. As long as it is a free choice by the woman and her safety is protected I am in favour of it being legalized everywhere.

Best Answer

I don't know about that..they also had slaves in their brothels...which is not ok

Best Answer

That could only lead to subsidies and entitlements. Society should have nothing to do with sex, that comes from nature.

Best Answer

we need sex..how else could society continue...that was the problem with the shakers ;)

Best Answer

So the government would have declared NH a sex-impoverished region and paid the hookers to sit on their ***... when anyone could plainly see that the problem was those sweaters!

Best Answer

Yes and it's much more honorable profession than say congressman!

Best Answer

Best Answer

Yup, totally sensible.

Best Answer

Legalize prostitution but ban guns.

Best Answer

Yup, make ***** not war

Best Answer

Part of the regulation must be frequent health screening/treatment. STDs are real. The patrons would need screening for the same reason as the provider of service.<br />
It would also cut down on the abuse pros suffer at the hands of pimps.

Best Answer

STD's are real and that's part of the risk of intimate contact in general. Prostitution being illegal doesn't do anything to curtail the spread of disease. But I agree it is important for folk to have that sort of healthcare.

Best Answer

i could imagine some vicious bureaucrat cutting off a woman's welfare benefits because she could be supporting herself as a ***** instead of taking money from the taxpayers

Best Answer

Yeah, the POOR $1000+/night type who were the downfall of Eliot Spitzer really NEED welfare.

Best Answer

If she had a job that was legally recognized and well paying she wouldn't have rights to those benefits...so I'll put that comment in the "Pro" category

Best Answer

Only when man has finally lost it.

Best Answer

lost what...why should others get to decide what someone can do with their own body?

Best Answer

That's right. Man already has.

Best Answer

Ew. That just isn't something that should be bought and sold.

Best Answer

it always has been...why should women(mostly) go to jail for something like that?

Best Answer

Just because something always has been, doesn't mean it should be.

Best Answer

just because something isn't healthy doesn't mean you can't sell it...I mean look at Oreos...there is no reason to eat Oreos..they aren't good for you...but making sweets illegal just because some disapprove would be weird. That's how I feel about prostitution,, As long as they are choosing the cookies of their own free will, we should let them alone.

Best Answer

I understand where you are coming from, but is it not our job as people to protect our humanity and what it stands for?
Not only that, law should not define our morals or lack of them.

Best Answer

there's nothing inhumane about people having intercourse though. And I really don't think we should punish people for activities that aren't violent or destructive to society. I mean, if a guy wants to pay a woman to pleasure him...that really should be their business... the cops needn't be involved.

Best Answer

I agree, there isn't anything inhumane about it, but it's not something meant to be bought &amp; sold - regardless of possible punishments.
It's degrading. And yes it is destructive; it destroys a society's morals. As much as we'd like to disagree, morals matter &amp; have a great impact.
On another note, you asked the question and I gave an honest answer that I will stick to. Is that an issue?

Best Answer

not at all... I'm just responding. It is time to go to bed though... so let's call it a night. Sweet dreams :)

Best Answer

True. To as well *tips hat*

Best Answer

Sure, why not? If it's between two consenting adults I don't see what the problem is with it

Best Answer

Agreed. If only legal and consenting adults were the only ones involved it would be so simple.

Best Answer

it is legal in my country.

Best Answer

not in mine...I have been places where it was and "shock" the world did not fall apart and people still married and had families ;)

Best Answer

Right on agree 110%

Best Answer

Agreed.<br />
Regular health exams, legal brothels, etc. It would keep a lot more people safe.

Best Answer

That's fine too.

Best Answer

Just buy them a drink at the bar.

Best Answer

I don't need one...I just think it's wrong to punish women for doing it...

Best Answer

I don't .... some are innocent children forced to act like adults....

Best Answer

It happens anyway. The child slave trade is alive and well unfortunately.

Best Answer

That would likely be harder if it wasn't all illegal though just like regular companies have to follow regulations. Without the threat of being implicated in a crime...people could go to the cops when they've been victimized

Best Answer

If it were strictly regulated to protect them, if the prostitutes insisted that they liked their lives as prostitutes, then yes, I think that they should be able to do what they do.

Best Answer

Well heck they don't even really have to like it. Ya can't all have jobs you love!

Best Answer

I'm just thinking about it because evidently some former Olympic athlete has been working as a high end escort..and I think..why shouldn't she be able to make money off the body she spent all those years and money creating

Best Answer

I agree!

Best Answer

sounds like some one is low on money or horney

Best Answer

nope. .. I just think it's the woman's (usually) body...she should be able to gain legally from her labor

Best Answer

What teenager do you think goes looking for a prostitute???

Best Answer

One with money?

Best Answer

That doesn't explain me not wanting too get one though

Best Answer

hmm. I don't follow your point

Best Answer