Can it be taught? Tips? Thanks in advance witty people??? =D=D=D
Shineandrise2 Shineandrise2 31-35, F 5 Answers Sep 4 in Community

Try watching tv shows or movies with really witty characters, learn off that. That is how I became a master of wit.

Best Answer

just be a smart *** and pop off the first thing that comes to mind

Best Answer

You could be socially strange and witty - make your own way of being. Be comfortable in your own skin. So what if you're socially strange, share that with people, you may get a more positive response than you think.

Best Answer

Just do it ! nikè

Best Answer

=/ most helpful =P

Best Answer

Anytime :)

Best Answer

Lol

Best Answer

Wit requires a quick mind, a large reference pool, and constant sharpening. I suggest watching a lot of stand up. I recommend Christopher Titus' Love is Evol, George Carlin's Jammin' in new York, and Lewis Black's Black on broadway, Eddie Izzard's Dress to Kill as well as anything from Bill Hicks. Once you start to see the connections and the basic structure of the jokes and routines, you can see how they wrote them. Remember humor comes from subverting expectations. For example: Sylvia plath killed herself by sticking her head in an oven and suffocating, What was the last thought in her head? "Man, this oven is dirty."

Best Answer

Wow thanks! I'm gonna look into that. =DXD=D

Best Answer

Just remember to know your audience and where their lines are.

Best Answer