engorged and the pain is excruciating. What's a girl to do? :/
Echo Echo 31-35, F 13 Answers Jul 11, 2012

Let someone else milk you for awhile. I am really clueless on this subject but lettuce leaves may help with the pain by placing them on or under the breasts. I am not sure how.

Best Answer

i agree with those who advise you to keep on breastfeeding, until the baby decides she doesn't wish to continue.<br />
Also, there is some good advice about selling your "excess."

Best Answer

ust wean slowly and the milk will gradually dry up. If you still have lots of milk then why not continue to feed your baby? Let him/her decide when to give it up. Don't let other people pressure you into deciding when it's an appropriate time to stop. It's doesn't sound as though you have a compelling reason why you need to wean your baby just yet.

Best Answer

No I don't have a good reason, and the baby and I are both fine with nursing. It's just that she's already two and a half year old and I get these looks from people when they find out I still nurse her..

Best Answer

Don't discuss it with unsupportive people! I fed my daughter until she was 2 and a half. I weaned her because I was going back to teachers' college. I fed my youngest child until age 4. Some people don't like breastfeeding at all or think it's only for newborns. There are lots of countries where you and I would be considered the norm. You and your child should just enjoy the breastfeeding until she is ready to stop.

Best Answer

You can spend them for other childrens. Ask your doctor about it.

Best Answer

But I don't have a pump

Best Answer

I guess you get one, if you ask them.

Best Answer

after a while your body will stop producing it. If you want you can pump it out but that takes time and your nipples will hurt like a son of a *****.

Best Answer

These days you can sell it. Some restaurants pay for breast milk.

Best Answer

yeah...when i stopped with my daughter...the nurse told me to just stop pumping and eventually it would go away...it did...but it was a painful day or two.

Best Answer

It only takes a few days for the pain and swelling to go down. I would suggest cold packs and pain relievers. If you let someone else suckle, your body will continue to make milk and if you don't get suckled you will continue to be in pain. If you want, you can donate extra breast milk for moms who can't nurse their babies, but again, you will have to continue either pumping or having someone suckle to avoid pain. It's your choice.

Best Answer

Eventually it'll go away once the baby stops stimulating the glands..

Best Answer

wheres hubby at?

Best Answer

He's not in the picture.

Best Answer

sorry i brought it up forgive me

Best Answer