I've just done it. Cabbage actually but same principle. I find it very compelling.
Dollyismyleader Dollyismyleader 46-50, F 10 Answers Feb 5, 2013 in EP

Sadly to say, I too am a bit in wonderment about it. I don't steam, but toss it in a skillet to warm it up a bit before adding it into scrambled eggs. you think you've got too much, then a couple of minutes later it's down to nothing. Popeye wouldn't be happy.

Best Answer

I know, right? Like magic :)

Best Answer

blondes...got to love'em

Best Answer

don't you just ;)

Best Answer

;-)

Best Answer

I am. I've learned to cook huge amounts at once because of this and the end result still isn't all that much spinach.

Best Answer

and this way you get the thrill of watching the lid sink down back onto the pan :)

Best Answer

Haha So true.

Best Answer

Yeah I can fill the pan and get like a spoonful of mushy green stuff... I bloody hate it but my partner loves it :S

Best Answer

oh, crap... now I am! would it be awfully rude of me to underline the fact that I do hate you for this now? thank you...

Best Answer

cook it, my little one, cook it! )

Best Answer

I can't! I'm married!

Best Answer

It wasn't a euphemism. I actually meant just cook some spinach. Awkward.

Best Answer

Spinach might not be the best choice for steaming. Cabbage either. Each veggie has a better way to cook it. I only use spinach when I want a broken down leaf. Otherwise, I use arugula or kale.

Best Answer

Can't you just be happy for me?

Best Answer

Sure. Enjoy the shrinky spinach. :)

Best Answer

I will :)

Best Answer