So, we have a lot of depressed, tensed and sad people on here...all age groups......and all that they need is someone to talk to and help them sort their **** out.....so I'm addressing the moderation team here, and my fellow EP'ers......lets everybody make support groups of, say ten members...and everyday, these groups engage one commonly identified member and talk him or her out of their misery....lets get the old culture back, c'mon guys!!!! I need overwhelming support for this to take off!!!!
TheConcierge TheConcierge 18-21, M 3 Answers May 31 in Doing Good

I think it sounds like a good idea and I do encourage it, it is worth a try. But coming from someone that has tried to reach out to other people more than once, a lot of the times you can't do much. Many of these people have issues that stems from their personal lives - their families or from within themselves and a strangers words are of little meaning to them. In fact I would want to go as far as saying that some people don't even want help. All they want is for other people to pity them and feel sorry for them. They are like black holes - for each positive or encouraging thing you tell them, they will respond with a negative one or simply ignore what you are saying to them. They are clearly in need of professional help and in some cases they would probably benefit from being put on medication. But as I said the idea in itself is great and there are probably some types of people that would benefit from it.

Best Answer

yes, the ones who just need a little caring to give them a more positive outlook

Best Answer

well, then lets give it a try:)...you seem experienced in this, so why don't you bring us the members who you think need assistance, and all of us can together work something out for them:)?

Best Answer

Yes precisely

Best Answer

I don't really know any members right now... I talked to some people here on ep but most of them deleted their accounts by now.

Best Answer

Sounds like a good idea to me....

Best Answer

do I count you in?
invite 2 of your most trusted friends on this, and we'll get started:).

Best Answer

Sure you can count me in.

Best Answer

lets do it then:))....
I've stopped adding friends....but I'm gonna add the ten of you who make up this group:)...accept me....

Best Answer

Okay.

Best Answer

i have something like that on a smaller scale, and it works

Best Answer

well, do you want to collaborate and make it large:)?

Best Answer

i think if i tried to make what i have larger, we would not be as close and it would lose it's effectiveness for the one i am trying to help

But if you make such a group, i will join yours for sure and try to help

Best Answer

all you have to do is accept my friendship:)....and this extremely supportive woman right below....add the two of us for now, and we'll decide how this pans out.

Best Answer