i'm not old enough to move out, and kinda scared to tell them. cause their against it, they think it's a sin and people go to hell for it.
YuriAnimeFan YuriAnimeFan 13-15, F 17 Answers Jun 12, 2011

Being a lesbian doesn't require an announcement. Live the way you want to live and let them figure it out on their own. It's really none of their business. And chances are they will prefer to be in denial rather than ask.

Best Answer

yeah i think i'm just going to hide it for now, but thank you. i will live for me, not the way they wish for me too.

Best Answer

The best option, unfortunately, is to not come out until you can move out on your own. It sucks I know but you would be going against their heartfelt beliefs, which to them will feel like you are rejecting both them and everything they believe in. You can come out to them when YOU are safe but as long as you are under their roof, just play it cool and hang in there until you can deal with the profound rejection that you are likely to experience. You are the ADULT in this case and the best thing you can do is what parents commonly do with their children - wait until THEY are old enough to deal with the world as it really is and not as they want it to be. In this case that means coming out only when nobody has to do anything drastic, like kick somebody out of the house because they think they are aligned with Satan and bound only for hell.<br />
Be brave, strong, and very quiet about your sexuality, for now. Ironically, Jesus had the right approach for you - be gentle as a dove and wise as a serpent. Time is on your side...

Best Answer

You should only do what you think is right for you. Don't come out simply because you think you have to.

Best Answer

Leave little hints.just dont just say "mom,dad im gay" youll overwhelm them.

Best Answer

I would say you don't have to do it, it's not their business and just be yourself. Don't pretend to be someone you are not around them. Chances are they already figured you out. My sister already could tell way before my nephew came out, at 16, and she took it well even though we all thought he would get thrown out of the house. At the end of the day, this is your family, they are not going to burn you for it. If they are Christians, then they know it is not up to them to judge you.

Best Answer

The important thing is that you know who you are and feel good about yourself. If they are homophobic, wait until your on your own to tell them. They may suprise you. But if they dont, it will be their loss. Some people have biological families they are close to. Some, like me, make a whole new family of caring, understanding and loving friends.

Best Answer

I haven't yet, it's the scariest thing to think about for me. Luckily my brother is gay, too. I hope someday my parents accept us both.

Best Answer

I would tell them face to face it's not a sin don't feel bad.This is your choice your life not any body else.Good luck and may your life be happy whatever you do with it.

Best Answer

i would try one at a time, not all at once, that could be alot of pressure for you, im sorry for your family, but you shouldnt be ashamed of who you are, if your happy thats all that matters

Best Answer

I'd wait till you are older, it doesn't sound like coming out now would do much good.

Best Answer

Probably not a good idea

Best Answer

I can't think of a smarta ss remark to leave so I guess I'll just have to be honest with you. The type of issue really isn't important. The question is -is it important for your family to know? If it's going to cause a ruckus then maybe stay in the closet. Let them figure it out eventually. In the mean time , you have an advantage cuz you can always ask your parents if your g-friend can spend the night and they'll always say yes, whereas if it was a boy , it would definitly be no. lol

Best Answer

How about writing your parents a long letter instead of being face to face. Explain to them you were afraid thus putting it in a letter and that you are open to talk about it. Write down your concerns about coming out.. tell them that you fear being disowned and ostracized. Let them know you were born this way and it is not a choice. Tell them that you love them and need their support and unconditional love. Express yourself in everyway. Good Luck.

Best Answer

Wow, you're in a tough situation, but my advice for you would be to: either- get them to understand that homosexuality is ok, (not all at once though) and once you think they are ready enough you tell them. Or you could take a more straightforward plan and just tell them without any precautions.

Best Answer