Now a days, kids want everything and they end up getting everything. These days aren't like the olden days...how come many kids are spoiled and become spoiled brat wanting some more. Are your kids in the same bracket?
Whateverrrrr Whateverrrrr 36-40, F 32 Answers Jun 8, 2012

when I was 10 I had a litebrite....you could make pictures with light and coloured pegs. WOW, technology, hey?!?

Best Answer

Tell me about it!

Best Answer

I was climbing trees, riding bikes and swimming..WoOT!!

Best Answer

It was a fun thing to do.

Best Answer

yes : )

Best Answer

when I was ten we played with little plastic army men and a cool thing called lincoln logs

Best Answer

cool

Best Answer

Today is today and kids are used to having things they want. My son is 14 and doesn't have a tv or a laptop except a pc in MY bedroom. I am in a way trying not to spoil him.

Best Answer

He have a phone for safety reason.

Best Answer

This is all good. :)

Best Answer

All kids should have a phone each cuz some gets lost, some becomes ill or had a bad accident and need help and some goes missing. They shud also memorise phone numbers just in case just their phone goes missing.

Best Answer

When I was 10 I had a art pad, a pencil, a sharpner, a spare pencil, a bed, a mum, a home a few books, a couple shallow friends and a phone as I went out alot to parks and that so i needed to be able to talk to my mum if I needed to that was literally it and i went to a school.

Best Answer

All good stuff :)

Best Answer

Simple childhood. Mine was basically the same. I cant imagine living today's kids' lives.

Best Answer

The only thing different from then is I have better friends and a laptop but apart from ep I use it for email and homework

Best Answer

When I was ten years old I had Lincoln Logs, baseball cards, marbles, some jacks, paddle ball, some dice, string, a kite and a bike.

Best Answer

All the cool stuff.

Best Answer

I had to use my imagination if I wanted to be entertained. Communication with friends was done with an old tin can and some wire. We didn't call them cell phones, they were tin can phones.

Best Answer

My little niece for her birthday she is 5 got a ds, leap pad, and mobi-go. i gave her clothes and a book, my sister was like why did you not get her a game or something. My sister is living through her bc i see her and my niece stuck on those games all the time. My son i give him books and legos and he is happy he is 2,. i am not giving him anything electronic till he is a bit older and learns responsibility, my sis thinks im going to be strict but i think a child should play outside instead of being with video games 24/7

Best Answer

Nice thought

Best Answer

thnx :)

Best Answer

My soon to be 10 year old got a phone so she can call me for emergency's and such. It was the hardest thing I had to do, but it was a matter of safety.

But the moment I got her the phone, my five year old asked me for an ipad.

I was like dafuk?

How does a five year old know about ipad?

I think some of this is so much advancment in technology, and the other half is kids are spoiled af.

Best Answer

yes, I agree

Best Answer

lol! Aw, your 5 years old is already a grown up! lol My friend's daughter was only 3 at the time and she received an IPod Touch for her birthday! See I mean?

Best Answer

It’s really uncanny when you pause to think about it. For my niece’s birthday it was insane the gifts she got…yes, I will admit we contributed to that as well. She’s just so damn adorable! However, technology is the tool and toy of choice by the majority of the population. It would be fascinating to me if all communication went out for a long period of time, what social development would occur amongst different people? When I was ten, I was into way, way different things so that in itself is it’s own story, but suffice to say, it wasn’t technology. Although the Atari thing was kind of cool…and that is ANCIENT!

Best Answer

Yes, technology changed drastically

Best Answer

I'm 11 (but I'm in Grade 7) and all I have is a ds lite and an Email. This is my mom's PC ... One of my friends has a iMac,ipod and Wii...

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

I think letting kids have technology is a good thing - these are the adults of the future and they're going to need this knowledge. I know schools who send out the homework via e-mail, and 1 high school where the pupils are given netbooks to do their homework on! If the kids of today aren't technologically minded they're going to get left behind.

However, kids need to know these things dont come cheap and they are very lucky to have them. They should appreciate them and the hard work their parents do to provide them. Spoilt kids (in attitude - not possesions) are the worst!

Best Answer

Nowadays, it is important having everything with technology. Today's kids are more advance then we are or what we were at their age.

Best Answer

When I was 10 years old I had this thing I always played with and it was called... OUTSIDE!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

The best thing for a 10 years old. :)

Best Answer

I am 10 xD

I agree with all the people on here!

I only have an iPod & a small netbook which is outdated but still good I got it for my 10th birthday!

My friend has facebook,IPhone 4,IPod!

My mum just bought an iPhone 4 which is kinda weird!

I bought my iPod with my pocket money which is £5 and the iPod touch is about £135

I only have twitter which I only got about 5months ago

I am not addicted to technology & I spend most of my time out with friends

Best Answer

You are different and this is in a good way :)

Best Answer

Good for u kid! It shows u appreciate yr things and friends more than techno things. Most kids don't cherish things they got.

Best Answer

When I was 10 I had a pinball game!

Best Answer

That's fun :)

Best Answer

My ten year old son has has Pokemon cards and 3DS. And uses them only 3x a wk.

When I was 10, I have jump ropes, doll house, trees to climb, walls to jump into, friends to play hide-and-seek, hills and mountains to visit, crayons to keep me quiet for the day, and a lot more.

Thanks for a good Question.^^

Best Answer

Same...thanks :)

Best Answer

When I was 10, the most technologically advanced toy I had was an etch-a-sketch. My 10 year old niece programmed my Blackberry when I first bought it. She set the dvr player for my mother and showed her how to record a movie. If that doesn't say it all---I'm not sure what does. ;)

Best Answer

Its crazy the way they know more than us...they are advance and it freaks me out.

Best Answer

I had a Lite Brite, a baby doll and a skipper doll. A spirograph and various coloring books. I did get a transistor radio that played really scratchy. I was in my 20s before we had a computer. We did a lot of outdoor stuff like bike riding and building forts.

Best Answer

cool. I find the kids of before or us, we were mostly outdoors...now a days, kids are mostly indoors.

Best Answer

My parents went through the depression and reminded me how lucky I was. They would talk about my grandfather topping sugar beets in the cold at age 5. They told me how they lived in a house that had cracks and wind would blow through and she had to walk down to the creek to get water.

Best Answer

I had my first pc when I was about 6 but I guess it's different when you're able to read with 3...

and I don't think that it's a problem to have those things, the problem is many arn't tought how lucky they are to be able to have such things... honestly you can't realy appreciate something when you've never been tought that is something that isn't just there, that you're parents or on my part ancestors had to work hard for...

Best Answer

True too

Best Answer

My kid is 7 and has many electronic gizmos of the day like a PS3 and Wii, cellphone, laptop and Pokemon cards. It gives us leverage for him to do good an if he don't I take away his privileges and ground him. I remind him to have nice things in life, you have to work for them, like studying and getting the best grades in school that you can, being a good person, and doing the right thing.

Best Answer

I agree

Best Answer

When I was ten, I used my lunch money to buy books. lol

Best Answer

oh no and you starved! :(

Best Answer