An old friend I used to know passed away last month, its been 2 weeks since his funeral & he was only 22. The funeral was horrid, I had never been to a funeral like that before, Most were passing away from old age. Anyways last night I dreamed that he was alive again, that he was given one more day but he couldn't remember what happened & no one would tell him, He tried asking me & I said "im sorry ben" I feel relieved a little now, I was able to say sorry to him in a way. He looked at me & kinda gave me a sarcastic/its okay smile & then turned away. Why do I feel relieved I said sorry? Why do I feel so terrible for him!? I hardly knew him, We lived together for only a year growing up & that was 10 years ago. I would see him every once in awhile because he was my brothers best friend but we rarely talked to each other. I remember about 4 years ago when my brother was at work he would come over & hang out with me sometimes, we didn't talk much or do much, He just always had this sad look on his face & still up to this day all of his pictures have that look. Whenever he was around I would get kind of fuzzy inside, I liked him but he never knew, No one knew about me! He seemed like he understood me & I understood him but I knew I would never do anything like that, Ever. Maybe its because not many people can make me feel that way? I hardly new him when he was alive but now that he is gone I just want him back. I wish I would have gotten the chance to know him more. After the funeral I felt like that could of been me or anyone.. He was there one day then gone the next. Its bizarre & I find it hard to believe, to understand but at the same time I understand that it will happen to everyone.
inermotion1 inermotion1 18-21, M 11 Answers Feb 5, 2013 in Loss of a Friend

Because that's what we automatically do when we are told of news like that. I just found out about an hour ago that a friend I've known for years passed away in December. The guy who told me was her brother. Naturally it's hard to swallow when you hear something like that.

Best Answer

Its ok, obviously he's telling you he's ok in your dreams. You had feelings for him long ago thats why your grieving you remember those feelings you had for him and he's gone so it hurts. It always hurts to lose a friend, no matter how brief the friendship was. I had lost a friend she was I think..18 its been almost 7 years? gee, she was a childhood friend and later to be found out she was also my relative (not really close relative though.) we started talking again when we worked at the same place but still we didnt really hangout anymore I left and I seen her a month before she died talked to her for a minute and that was it, she got into a car accident and was gone it hurt, it hurt to remember things we've done especially one basketball game she played made me cry every time I told it, she was very altheltic and basketball was her thing actually she was driving home from coaching a basketball team when she died. It gets easier.

Best Answer

You are young, and he was young. It's sad when anyone dies, but he didn't have a chance to live out his years to old age, and that's a tragedy. Maybe you feel terrible because you did "hardly know him" and now your chance to know him better is gone.<br />
It is alright to be sad. Grief is unique to each person, you are entitled to yours, even if you can't understand it. Think about your friend kindly, maybe that dream was his way of coming back to say good bye.<br />
I hope you will feel better soon.

Best Answer

We all have to face our own mortality. But its one thing you can't control - so don't. You have feelings for this person. Accept them - what ever they may be and don't over analyze. Stop driving yourself nuts! Stop thinking so much and LET LIFE BE.

Best Answer

One, you are compassionate. There is nothing wrong about feeling the loss of another person. Two, a life was cut off far to young. It makes one look at their mortality. Be well.

Best Answer

I get sad when I hear anyone who dies, whether I know them or not.

Best Answer

I don't know. Look deep inside yourself for the answer.

Best Answer