http://www.thefix.com/content/top-10-addicted-countries-0 This is especially funny because the Qur'an forbids alcohol, but since heroin is not specifically mentioned... So much for the spirit of the law. but huffing in Slovakia? Who would have guessed?
TheSquirrel TheSquirrel 46-50, M 8 Answers Sep 30, 2012 in Addiction

I have not been to Iran, nor do I have any desire, but in the middle eastern countries I have been to it is just as this says. These people live in the 15th century and have no desire to progress , for the most part and those who do are usually ostrasized or killed for their beliefs. A few escape. I know a very fine artist born in Tehran, and left there as a young man in his twenties. He does not call himself Iranian, but Persian. He has made a good life for himself here and is a Christian, not muslim and for this and his desire to paint people in his paintings was demeaned and ridiculed. He will tell you that Iran, Iraq, Turkey are all full of addicts and backwards thinking people where education is not particularly encouraged for any but the powerful and wealthy. I myself have been to Pakistan, India, Yemen, Ethiopia, Saudi Arabia and the same is true there. I had little respect for these countries and since 9/11 and since have no respect for them. It amazes me how the liberals idolize these backwards people and do not wish to offend them, yet accept their extreme offensive behavior to all and even their own people. Thank you Squirrel for finding and posting this.

Best Answer

Thanks for the exellent comment. My experience is that old-school types from the area call themselves Persian in part to separate themselves from the backwards people around them.

Best Answer

That's true. Th ones who identify as Persian want no part of the backwards uneducated and the few educated idiots of their country from my understanding. I have talked a lot about this with my artist friend. A sort of humorous story (now, sad then) about my friend. When the the terrorist flew the planes into the World Trade Center buildings (9/11), my friend shaved his moustache, because he thought it made him look to middle eastern and he felt ashamed of what those idiots had done. He calls them "animals." Dogs, specifically an strong insult to middle eastern people.

Best Answer

Wow I did not know. thats gotta say something.

Best Answer

I was in Pakistan for a bit and in most regions you do not need a presc<x>ription for anything just walk up to the leanto and let know what you want...So many ppl are hooked on morphine shots and it would just make me shake my head..

Best Answer

Those places will remain the backwaters of humanity as long as they behave that way -- without having piles of wealth built up. As George Patton's father said, only the rich can really afford to drink.

Best Answer

Yeah, the US, UK, France, and even Canada are on that list.

Best Answer

Genius, in Islam things do not have to be mentioned by name in the Quran in order to be forbidden, we have something called (measurement) in which our scholars compare the things are not mentioned in our official sources to similar forbidden things mentioned and decide whether they should be forbidden or not ba<x>sed on the similarity of the reason why they are forbidden etc... one of them is heroine or weed in general, as it has the same effect/danger of alcohol, thus it is officially forbidden in Islam, so if Some Muslims take it, that does not make it allowed.

Best Answer

Apparently, a lot of Muslims take it as that, just like the ones who say that Allah turns a blind eye to Dubai, or is it Bahrain? Just like the ones who have no trouble getting their ashes hauled by American "******" (for instance, Anwar al-Aulaqi -- but he got with real ****** and got arrested for it) but claim the sanctity of women and marriage.

Best Answer

Oh, no. They blocked the term alKaeda. Why would they do that?

Best Answer

What's so surprising about it ?

Best Answer

Now nothing. But before, I thought it was just Americans and those dudes way up in the Andes. And old Chinese guys in the movies.

Best Answer