tom1762 tom1762 41-45, M 10 Answers Dec 22, 2012 in WTK

I would love to play righteous, chivalrous gentleman and say "Of COURSE the women and children!" -valiant pose- But I'm not gonna lie. If I was on a ship and it was sinking, I'd be shoving those women and children out the way and getting on that damn lifeboat as FAST as I could.

Best Answer

Thanks for being honest.

Best Answer

Women and children of course.

Best Answer

Bringing a dress and a wig can save a lot of difficult decisions.

Best Answer

What, you watched Titanic and it set you thinking or what.

Best Answer

It would be the disabled and elderly of either gender I would look out for first.

Best Answer

Experience shows that in real-life situations,it is almost always the latter.

Best Answer

In days gone by , women & kids first , was sacrosanct . If a man did otherwise , he was seen as a coward , was a social outcast if his actions commonly known . However , in this day and age , where a man is likely to be labelled a "sexist pig ", if he holds open a door for a woman , or offers his seat on a train or bus , etc, etc, i'm not so sure . There seems be be something weird about giving ones life for someone who couldn't give a **** about you . Of course , on the question of children , i could not do anything else but toss them in the boat , but the rest of it ,thanks to "political correctness etc ", bears careful thought .

Best Answer

It's a sad commentary of our "civilized" state of being, nonetheless true. Point well taken. For the record, based on your description I am the sexist pig. Women can call me whatever they like I'm giving up the seat, and holding the door.

Best Answer

Apparently in the real world every human for themselves. Suits me.

Best Answer

i know what the rules would be if i was on that ship....f@ck you im in the life boat

Best Answer