IMAGINATIONATWORK IMAGINATIONATWORK 36-40 13 Answers Oct 1, 2012 in Community

C'mon mang, you got so far! You've got a lot of perseverance, not many would get as far as you have! Don't let things bring you down, sure, sometimes bad things may happen, but that's just a part of life. Look at life this way, for the bad things that have happened, haven't you gotten a lot of wonderful things in return? Friends and family, people you can trust, we are all here to talk with eachother, to communicate with eachother. We are a society, we are always here for you, we are all here for a reason. If you ever feel depressed, start doing things you enjoy doing, or try things you always wanted to try. Dancing? Sure, your room is the dancefloor, just go wild! Singing? Go for it! Set the world on fire! You get the point. Sometimes life can become a bit too much, but we can always take a step back, calm down and try again.

Best Answer

you need to speak with your doctor about adjusting your med or trying a new one or try a combo of meds. Talk therapy along with medication could help as well. Sometimes just talking to someone once a week will help.

Best Answer

6 weeks isn't really enough time. You may need to switch toa different med that suits you better.

Best Answer

Do you want to say which one ?<br />
We all react differently to different meds.<br />
Maybe it's just a bad patch or may need to switch.<br />
Don't be disheartened by it, you've done really well and it's early days.

Best Answer

forget the drugs. they'll only give you so much. YOU'll have to do most of the work. A new relationship is always a good kick in the azz to get things going. Here's a few more ideas: move to a new location; try a new career. Remember you sometimes have to bet BIG. Small increments won't do you much in the long run.

Best Answer

Might not be the right meds for you. I have just gone off a 9 year antidepressant journey. I had anxiety and panic attacks. They got so bad I had become agoraphobic and was having trouble taking care of my family. I was on venlafaxine for a long time and it worked really well for me. As soon as i started taking them ( a low dosage as well ) i went back to being a normal person. But it made me gain tons and tons of weight....that was the only downside.<br />
If it's possible, try natural remedies. When I started the meds, I was very uninformed about the alternatives.

Best Answer

Find out as much as you can about ways to help with your depression, diet, exercise, etc etc. In my experience depression goes a lot deeper than to be cured by just taking anti depressants

Best Answer

don't rely on anti depressant too much. find a way to distract yourself from your depression is a good idea.

Best Answer

6 weeks isn't really a long time.... have you looked into what was/is causing the depression?

Best Answer

Oh no you shouldn't take pills for depression- I know it's easy to say but I cured mine with distracting my mind with positive people. Avoid people who feel sorry for you they will just make you feel worse. You need people who make you feel good and loved and who make you laugh. I hope this somehow helps. Let us know here

Best Answer