SophiesLife SophiesLife 16-17, F 13 Answers Feb 19, 2012

it depends on how serious it was and how much you loved this person. <br />
if you really love them then you'll never get over it completely, there will always be something there. <br />
the best thing to do is surround yourself with friends and family. take a long holiday. have something (or someone) else to give you a distraction. <br />
i know it doesn't sound nice.. but dating websites really do help! its also a little selfish maybe, but with people giving you compliments and showing you attention it is a great confidence booster and distraction, and you never know.. you might end up finding someone better :)

Best Answer

I don't think you ever get over it-you just learn to live with it and learn from it--but like a death, it will stay with you.

Best Answer

Well it's over 2 years since my first serious relationship ended and that still affects me. Some things are lessons learnt and they never go away. However, it usually takes anything from a few weeks to several months for me to move on and start looking to find someone new once again.

Best Answer

I would say a year for the heart break to be over, but longer to completely let go.

Best Answer

Three years and counting for a not-so-serious relationship

Best Answer

Forever

Best Answer

IT DEPENDS HOW DEEP WAS UR LOVE TO THAT PERSON :¬)

Best Answer

I've only had three that I'd define as "serious". Hmm. The first one took about a year and a half to get over, I guess. But I'm the one who broke it off. Getting over my divorce, as far as missing him or feeling bad about it, maybe three years? I'm not sure. I don't know that I'm "over" it, though now all I feel is a certain type of anger, as I'm raising our son alone. This last odd little relationship....still working it out of my system, but almost there. I guess it's going on two years. I was in love with him, and he's the only one I ever felt quite that way about.<br />
Sigh. <br />
I can feel myself getting all jaded. <br />
Enough.

Best Answer

I think it depends upon the relationship and how it effected not only emotionally, but mentally and physically too, i would say for an average relationship would be around 8months to a year, however sometimes you may never completely get over it, you may just deal with it better :)

Best Answer