SeriouslyUncertain SeriouslyUncertain 18-21, F 17 Answers Jun 17, 2012

LMAO@ those who think that facebook or any other chat program out there actually is worried about you being caught online or not... Yes there are ways to know if someone is online but showing offline.. the person who wrote about the mobile extension is correct and that does show if a user is online.. There are also several programs out there that will do the same thing and tell you if someone is online when they are showing offline in chat. I do like those people who's comments are so trusting of the companies who's products they use thinking they actually build those features in as absolutes. Facebook developers which anyone can be are given the API code which you can use to see if a user is online! Geeze.. That's not including the NSA who knows everything LMAO...

Best Answer

what is the mobile extension?

Best Answer

I'm interested in the programs that can tell.. and by the way.. if the icon appears grey on a desktop but says mobile on the fb app does that mean they are on line but tried to turn their chat off? Just to clarify ...
oh and @seriouslyUncertain.. maybe you should just try not lying or cheating on your bf or gf and you wouldn't have a problem with getting caught.

Best Answer

can you shoot me an email with more info

Best Answer

I'd like to know what programs and to clarify that if the icon on desktop is grey and but the fb app says she's mobile what does that mean? I think someones cheating obviously
ehrizdievon at g mail

Best Answer

No. That's the point of going offline.

Best Answer

Good.

Best Answer

just try to avoid reading any offline messages sent to you as it will indicate to the sender that seen time so it will show when even you were online

Best Answer

Yep. If you have the facebook mobile mesenger app, click on the person you want to see if they are online. If there is a green dot next to their name and a time under their name that says "active now", they are online and have their chat on, but if there is no dot but instead a time under their name, like "active 4hr ago", they are currently offline. NOW, if there is no dot, but a time that says "active now", they are online and have chat turned off. I've been investigating my own facebook for a while. I like to know how people see me while on facebook.

Best Answer

do you have to be online to see this dot?

Best Answer

1 hint ,if seem any of their activity during they made u offline

Best Answer

You can appear offline so as not to offend people by announcing that you're deliberately ignoring them. Several IM chats are set up the same way

Best Answer

Yes, I'm aware. But wouldthey ever know?

Best Answer

One hint is if you see some activity from them during times where you don't see them on chat. That's pretty much the only thing I can think of

Best Answer

themarvelousme is right. It would not be a true feature of appearing offline if people still know that you are actually not offline.I would not waste my time trying to figure someone out or reach someone who obviously does not want your attention if they want to appear offline or are not available.

Best Answer

Good, I justb recently made a FB and was accused of "appearing offline". Just wanted to make sure that person wouldn't actually know for sure.

Best Answer

Add a response...

Best Answer

There is a way to find out if someone has turned off chat for you. You will never see a green dot next to their name on chat list, instead you will see the 1min timestamp. This can of course simply mean that he/she was actually online 1 min ago, but is now offline, BUT try refreshing the page after let's say 10 min, and if the timestamp next to his/her name still remains 1min you can be sure that he/she turned off chat for you. However, there is no way to know whether a person is online if he/she has turned off chat for all friends.

Best Answer

I am short boy in the class and always beaten up and teased by my fellow classmates what should I do

Best Answer

people can ask other people if ur online or not.... XD

Best Answer