its a bit silly isn't it? one of my friends can't leave the house without putting on her make-up, or as I like to call it, her halloween mask. its such a shame that someone would feel like they can't step outside without spending time putting a load of **** on their face just to feel at ease.. or am I missing some kind of point here?
prolapse prolapse 26-30 10 Answers Aug 31 in Doing Good

I wear it (sometimes) to feel better about myself. I don't believe in wearing it each day as I don't think makeup itself will enhance my essence or self, but a couple times a week it is just like a 'oh I feel a bit more presentable ' lol

Best Answer

yea I can understand that

Best Answer

Societal stupidity.

Best Answer

It's part of a woman's chemistry. Learn to get use to it.

Best Answer

No simple answer. There are many, as many as there are personalities. If a woman has no definition to her lips, a bluish white drained color, a lipstick perks up her face. I think most women look in the mirror and make the decision for themselves, NOT in competition on a conscious level.....more about what we all expect in a society that believes certain things are attractive. It is applied and judged in the mirror to be good enough to meet standards that we know exist out there. Women and men all participate in the judging. It is simply something we do unconsciously. It is a combination of making oneself as attractive as possible to oneself and others.
Natural beauty is preferred, yet make-up frowned upon....so what about those who do not possess that natural beauty? It's a damned if you do or don't situation. EVERYONE wants to be seen as having some attractiveness.

Best Answer

Makeup can enhance features. I often use mascara but I don't spend a lot of time using products that coverup or mask. It can be challenging to accept once appearance when media presents women airbrushed into "perfection."

Best Answer

I personally do not wear makeup very often. I think it is fine if someone does as long as they don't start using it as a mask to hide themselves. It sad when people are afraid to be seen without it. I have a friend that wakes up before her husband so she can apply her makeup. I think that is a little sad.

Best Answer

this was exactly what i was getting at.. its incredibly sad

Best Answer

Women wear makeup for other women,not for men. As long as one woman wears makeup others will to "Compete" with them. That is what it is all about.makeup covers up imperfections,and improves on a woman's looks. If one woman looks better than the other it gives them an "Advantage". Lets face it Good looking people get all the Breaks.

Best Answer

Its an enhancer... But I agree some women can be excessive with it... Maybe if most girls heard they were beautiful more when they weren't wearing make up maybe they wouldn't feel like they need it... But some girls I believe have an addiction to it.

Best Answer

its not really enhancing anything though, it just makes me think of clowns

Best Answer

It is not silly it is one way to put your best face forward. If your friend is doing what is important to her and you have a different style!!!

Best Answer