Very touching day and pity most of all the old diggers have passed. But it was great they now recognise Vietnam Viets and allow them to March <br />
i would love to go to the Dawn Service in Gallipoli, and hopefully all the ppl who go there treat it with the Homage it deserves

Best Answer

Totally agree with you about the Vietnam Vets, their treatment was despicable. They should all hold their heads up high.Two of my sisters have actually been to the Dawn Service in Gallipoli. I would love to go there too one day. :-)

Best Answer

Or to Villers-Brettoneux in France,to pay homage to the far greater number of Aussies who died on the Western Front.We lost 60,000 men in WW1,a loss that seriously scarred our then recently-federated nation for many years,and a figure representing about 2.5% of the entire male population at the time.

Best Answer

Oui Monsieur, would love to go there too. Another sister did that trip. So moving. The French are so grateful, and I'm so proud of our Diggers. They gave so much. :-)

Best Answer