She is not in immediate danger, but she will be much more comfortable if I have this done. Quality of life is important. I think it applies to our pets as well. I am doing it for her regardless of what anyone thinks, but I'm curious. How many of you out there think it's a crazy idea?
Dave002 Dave002 56-60, M 12 Answers Oct 9, 2012 in Health

As long as you can afford it, you are not crazy.

Best Answer

for me, yes. But its for you, i would consider it discretionary income though. I spent $1000 bucks on headphones.

Best Answer

It depends on the age of the pug. I had a friend once whose 15 year old dog got cancer and she spent $5,000 trying to save the dog and it died anyway within 2 weeks afterwards. I am very much a lover of animals by the way and would do anything to help one for the most part if I thought I could.

Best Answer

She's my pound pug. She was found on the street and spent 10 days at the pound before I adopted her. Don't know her exact age, but best guess is 6 to 8 years age. They do have a long life span.

Best Answer

Not at all

Best Answer

If you are crazy, I certainly don't think that is the indication. I take the best care that I possibly can of my pets.

Best Answer

No you aren't. She's your baby!

Best Answer

I had to put off little Annie's surgery. She developed kennel cough and a couple of other problems. It just couldn't take the risk. She finally ended up having the surgery in October of 2013. What involved was a procedure to correct an elongated palate, a common problem. In Pugs because of their short snouts. As it turns out the procedure did not fix her breathing problem to the degree I hoped. The doctor misdiagnosed. She has other contributing issues. I've opted not to pursue further surgery. It's not life threatening, so I'll accept it for what it is. No regrets.

Best Answer