I would, myself, pick the Reavers. Mostly because they legitimately scared me when I watched the show.
TheRose202 TheRose202 18-21, F 9 Answers Feb 9, 2013 in Movies & TV

Network Ratings

Best Answer

It would be a magnificent battle. Perhaps today is a good day to die! I give a slight edge to Klingons

Best Answer

The Klingon armada would win hands down. They have vastly superior weapons and shields.

Best Answer

Ah, but would shields protect against one of the Reaver's most notorious tactics: ramming? I mean, the Revers are insane enough to ram with a colony ship.

Best Answer

I mean, the Alliance had some pretty superior weaponry and they were locked in a brutal stalemate with the Reavers.

Best Answer

Agreed.

Best Answer

The shields do in fact protect against large projectiles. (such as a ship ramming). However I don't think they would be able to get close enough.

Best Answer

I said the Klingons accidentally flew -into- the flotilla. Like they thought it was a debris field or something. It would already be close quarters combat.

Best Answer

I think it would probably be a matter of reaction time in that case. Hard to calculate all the variables. However, the Klingon armada uses vastly superior hull materials as well (Duranium).

Best Answer

Well, if the Reavers board you, you're pretty much screwed. That's why they use non lethal tactics, so that they can board their enemies and tear them to shreds. So, I think it's a matter of whether or not Reaver ambush tactics would work quick enough.

Best Answer

Reaver weapons are also vastly inferior to Klingon weapons. Klingons also specialize in hand to hand combat.

Best Answer

The only advantage I see the Reavers having is the ability to intimidate. Which is almost nullified on Klingons.

Best Answer

The Reavers are fairly immune to pain. You could cut a Reaver's arm off and they'd just keep coming. Remember in Serenity, when the reaver was on their ship? They had to shoot him like 15 times before he went down.

Best Answer

A phaser on level 10 doesn't leave a body.

Best Answer

Do Klingons even use phasers? I didn't watch a lot of the original Star Trek (DS9 and Next Gen were the ones that got me more interested), but I seem to remember them only using those like...particle laser things or whatever they were.

Best Answer

You are correct. They use disruptors. Disruptors can cause more damage than phasers.

Best Answer

Right, but unless it's an instant kill, a reaver's gonna be able to stand up and fight.

Best Answer

Disruptors on high setting are always an instant kill (assuming the shot connects).

Best Answer

Doesn't that sort of depend where it hits? Also, reaver boarding parties are pretty much the whole ship, -and reavers are fast. So that's a whole ship's worth of insane, near-invincible men rushing onto your ship. Sure, you'll get a couple, but unless you're River, you won't get them all before they get within striking distance.

Best Answer

I love these debates :3 Oh, the takes my mind spins. It's almost intoxicating how exciting my imagination makes this :D

Best Answer

Don't forget that Reavers are humans. Just humans. They have been forced into a psychotic break, which gives them some advantages in a fight (lack of pain receptors, lack of self preservation, a higher than average adrenaline level). However, what kills humans will kill them. A disruptor on high setting has the same affect as a phaser on high setting (the body is dissolved regardless of where it impacted). Klingons also have a slight lack of self preservation (they believe dying in combat is the most honorable death).

Best Answer

Klingons also have redundant organs. Making killing them that much harder.

Best Answer

But again, even if you get some of them, more are just gonna pour through.

Best Answer

I guess it comes down to the make up of the 2 forces. How many ships on each side. What class of ships on each side. What the crew compliment is for each ship. But even so, the Klingon disruptors won't run out of energy before the Reavers run out of members. I'm assuming Klingons can shoot faster than the Reavers can enter. I don't think the Reavers could get through the shields to begin with let alone the duranium hull. Unfortunately for the Reavers they aren't even in the same league.

Best Answer

Maybe I'm just being stubborn, but I don't see any way that the Reavers could win.

Best Answer

Klingons, they have more skill and intelligence versus sheer warped hate

Best Answer

The reavers, because the Klingons never win.

Best Answer

Will need to toss a coin.. all up in the air at the moment. LOL

Best Answer

Really good question, I can't think of an answer. If it turned into a war of attrition though, I'd put my money on the reavers since they seem to be used to the radiation coming from their ships, but the Klingons might suffer from it.

Best Answer