garbagequeen garbagequeen 18-21, T 16 Answers Feb 1, 2013 in Community

In our PC environment we should probably legalise prostitution, refer to them as sex workers and get them paying taxes!

Best Answer

YES, yes, and yes. Agreed!

Best Answer

Right on! Exactly what we should be doing.

Best Answer

YES

Best Answer

So do I... I prefer 'sex worker'. Until a better term comes along that is.

Best Answer

I have a far bigger issue with '*****' but 'hooker' isn't exactly complimentary. Sex worker is too vague, however. You can be a sex worker and not be a prostitute.

Best Answer

it may be vague yes.. but I think thats kind of charming that it's kind of 'catch all'. A sex worker could be someone who gives happy ending massages, or a camgirl/camboy, or the obvious. personally I think it's just a lot more respectful than the other options out there because many folks don't realize it IS work and it's something that a lot of people do by choice and I think those people deserve respect for a sometimes dangerous and often gross job.

Best Answer

Absolutely. Sex work that involves activity between consenting adults should be legal, protected, and respected.

Best Answer

It is a name of a Company "Hooker Headers" and the name of a famous Civil War General It is only derogatory used towards prositutes.

Best Answer

Not at all. It actually comes from a civil war era military officer who supplied prostitutes. His last name was Hooker.

Best Answer

Interesting - I didn't know that and had often wondered where the term came from!

Best Answer

Learned it from a game of Trivial Pursuit.

Best Answer

it's better than *****

Best Answer

It would depend on the context.

Best Answer

You wouldn't use it in polite conversation. So I'd say yes. A more politically correct term would be 'sex worker' or 'prostitute'

Best Answer