For my English term paper in college, I've decided to write about wolf hunting, entitled "Ready, aim, howl." For this paper, I've decided to gain opinions from both congressmen, hunters and wildlife advocates and just people in general. What are some of your opinions? Are you for or against wolf hunting? Do you think there ever will be an alternative to this, like having the government be held responsible for the rancher's livestock that are killed?
XxxFallenAngelxxX XxxFallenAngelxxX 22-25, F 14 Answers Feb 8, 2013 in Hobbies

After living in Wyoming very close to the Yellowstone National Park, I am for wolf hunting. <br />
The wolves brought into the park to control the elk population have multiplied enormously and are overrunning park boundaries, where they are often caught hunting domestic stock. They have diminished the elk to a manageable number, and still continue to multiply. There is no natural way to keep their numbers down. Right now WY is voting on wolf hunting seasons to keep their numbers down.

Best Answer

When I was I guess 10 in 1967 I am guessing in west Texas farmers would kill a wold and slit wolves throats and place them on a fence post for every one to see. As we traveled for miles and miles I would guess a hundred miles every fence post along the road would have one to 4 wolves hanging from their throat on each post. I had heard wolves almost went extinct.

Best Answer

Why would the government be held responsible for what a wolf does? Shouldn't the farmer move away from the wolves? <br />
Are you asking about hunting wolves in general or for population management? Cause those are two different things... I'm not for hunting them in general, just because I don't see what value killing one brings into my life... But population management... Sure... That's kind of our responsibility as humans I think... Everything worked well for years until we started mucking with the cycle of life by building huge cities and pushing animals around to make room for ourselves... So it's on is to keep them from going extinct and occasionally killing them off to keep that cycle going.<br />
But the cattle discussion interests me... That we would assume animals deserve to be wiped out just because we want that land... I must be going liberal here... How rude

Best Answer

The problem is that people has multiply excesively so the natural enviroment of other creatures in this planet are in danger because of human plague want it all and wants everything for them

Best Answer

To control them as avaricious predators with an over population, as in Yellowstone is fine. <br />
I would have to disagree with an open season on them.

Best Answer

Its mean

Best Answer

No animals should be allowed to be kept for meat. No one should be allowed to trade meat or meat products. Hunting is OK only if it is done for food for the person that does the hunting. Meat consumption is OK only if the animal was killed and prepared by the person who consumes it. These laws would put us back to the same side with the wolves - where we all belong ;)

Best Answer

Can't wait for this to hit the streets of LA...

Best Answer

I'm not familiar with any problems caused by wolves. I guess they kill farm animals? <br />
Hunting them down should be seen as the last resort. Instead build better fences. Make feeding grounds for wolves to keep them away from the farms. Sure that costs more money than just killing them, but what kind of an argument is that?

Best Answer

Ship the wolves to canada...

Best Answer

I'm against hunting wolves for sport. Hunting anything simply for sport is disgusting IMO.

Best Answer