everton13 everton13 46-50, F 8 Answers Aug 1, 2009

Wilde was a wit and gay. Pay it no serious mind. Love IS happiness, when it's right.

Best Answer

Hi everton13<br />
Oscar Wilde was a clever man. Of course it is true! He suggests by extension that happiness is impossible between a man and woman in love - which I do not agree with at all. The greatest happiness is found there but there is a potential for great unhappiness too.<br />
:)

Best Answer

how weird, it doesn't make any sense to me. No, I don't.

Best Answer

He's just a hater--probably couldn't get the gals to fall in love with him: )

Best Answer

Soon as love rears its not immediately so ugly head...thats when mans weakness becomes more readily apparent,and its usually a matter of time....Best to never say "i love you" outside of pets,plants,and to self..Contrary to what girls might say...subconsciously any perceived vulnerability in a man,.is cause enough to reject them as needy/dependant types,all too easily mesmerised and hard to be rid of.

Best Answer

Interesting enough I believe that is a true statement. I'm NOT saying that a man cant be happy with a woman he loves. <br />
I find that men dont like complications...a man not loving a woman ...he can be TOTALLY happy with her cause there are no pressures , no complications of wiill this make her happy?? Is she mad at me? Do I still love her? etc I could go on but i think you get the picture.

Best Answer

This is a quote from "The Picture of Dorian Gray" spoken by Lord Henry, the antagonist/ almost satanic figure.. so I would assume this is not Wilde's actual opinion. But I think happiness and love can exist together if it is really love.

Best Answer