gigi827 gigi827 36-40, F 9 Answers Nov 2, 2012 in Singledom

i find going to crowded places (coffee shops or eateries during their busiest times, local attractions, etc) works, even for the most antisocial of people. someone's always gotta ask you to hold their place in line for a bit, or comment that your sandwich looks delicious. Also volunteering or taking classes (yes, these sound like something from a self-help book) work. god knows how many 40-something year old men i see chatting up young women and making coffee dates "to discuss the homework". if you go the community college route, know that there's plenty of men of all ages there, and it would probably be a good thing to even expand your options to the younger men (i know plenty who have MILF fetishes, as well as those straight up getting sick of the overly sexual/loose women their own age or younger).

Best Answer

Acting class, planting trees with tree people, volunteer for something with peeps, Take a sailing course.lots of things. Just one word from my single days "If u go to bars,u only meet drunks."

Best Answer

Ha!!! Thank you! I prefer to drink at home away from the drunks where I dont have to drive afterwards :)))

Best Answer

let me know when you find out...

Best Answer

Yeah....so far it looks like Ive got nothing! Cant you make a suggestion, throw a sister a bone?????

Best Answer

this brothers got nothing either. i di do nightclubs and such...
im stuck.

Best Answer

let love come to you dont seek it...

Best Answer

Get out of your house. Go places. Do things. You will meet other people.

Best Answer

Joining community groups relevant to your interests.

Best Answer

You could volunteer at a local charity or service group. Those are always good places to meet people, OR have people there introduce you to singles they know. Church activities are also good places. Get out there.

Best Answer

I actually have found a church that I really enjoy and I have been thinking about becaoming mmore involved.

Best Answer

That's a good start. Depending on your current career, you may qualify to be part of the Jay-cees, Lions Club, Soroptomists, Kiwanis, or even Rotary Club. Tell your employer, and they should pick up your dues and fees. Those service groups will get you plugged in big time and you will meet many many people.

Best Answer

I want those answers... if you get any useful ones!

Best Answer

Do you mean like going out in reality?<br />
Good luck with that!

Best Answer

Really? There has to be some way to connect with other people. Why is it so hard? I could write a book about my online dating experiences....equally sick and hysterical. I am shocked by peoples disregard for others.

Best Answer