Wow...am I bad at this sort of thing. Today we were in a sandwich shop. A man came in. He saw me. He placed his order, and then he glanced back at me. Caught my eye. Then he did it again as he was picking up the order. Again when he was getting his drink. Then we went out ahead of him. He went out to his car and looked at me in the eye again. He didn't give a big smile or anything...just a look that lasted a little longer than normal. What should I have done here? (I know...therapy.)
Vessa Vessa 41-45, F 15 Answers Mar 13, 2012

He wants you.

Best Answer

LOL....well, why didn't he just SAY so? What am I, a mind reader?? ;)

Best Answer

You already knew that, didn't you?

Best Answer

No. He could have been thinking I looked a lot like his long lost cousin. ;)

Best Answer

Trust your instincts, honey. We're not that hard to figure out

Best Answer

That's the thing....I have no instincts about men- at least not when it comes to knowing if one finds me attractive. He has to just let me know, or I'm lost.

Best Answer

You're a smart lady. Your instincts are why we're having this conversation. You will never go wrong by giving a smile and a glance back. If he walks away and glances back, there's interest. Or of you wall away and glance back and he's looking, bingo.

Best Answer

Then what? I drop my handkerchief? ;)

Best Answer

Then somebody must make a move. Acknowledge the look or smile with a clear gesture such as a nod or more expressive smile. The rest has to happen more naturally

Best Answer

Handkerchief idea might work. Be confident. That's sexy

Best Answer

Well....my confidence when it regards men was shot quite a while back...but I might stock up on handkerchiefs. Wonder if they still sell them? (Thank you for your encouragement, by the way. I appreciate that.)

Best Answer

Well, he probably thought you were beautiful. However, the judicial part of me jumps out and says, he might have been a rapist or serial killer. After having worked as long as I did in law, it is hard, very hard, to see the good in people. Most people are most usually on the hunt to get what they can from others. Ergo, that is why I'm on here. I rarely trust any more. Sad fact, but I've been hurt many times and that pain stays with one. Good luck. You are a kind and caring person. I hope love follows you and your son forever. Callalilly

Best Answer

You are a very sweet person, Calla. I'm sorry you have lost trust- I have too. And it definitely occurred to me that the guy might not have had good intentions. For all I know, the looks were about hate or just wanting to use me for a while. You never know, and that's one reason it's a lonelier world. I'd like for you and for me to find someone that we can lean on and trust. I think we've got it coming, don't you? :)

Best Answer

I think he was trying to get your attention for some reasons.

Best Answer

Yep he wants you...but most women run from this. If the man doesn't have any guts to say something to you, then its probably best left alone...

Best Answer

I was thinking that...don't know the guy of course. And the lack of a smile was a little odd.

Best Answer

Somehow I don't think he was thinking that. lol. Maybe, "She's interesting."

Best Answer

Yeah, he probably was interested. I do that too, when I don't particularly know how to proceed, or when I feel as if it's not the right time to proceed. Something like that happened recently to me as a matter of fact. A new girl began working at my job... And she immediately caught my attention, I couldn't stop staring at her. And she acknowledged it, came over and introduced herself to me. And now I have a new friend :) Maybe one day it will turn into something more.

Best Answer

Did you just stare or were you actually friendly? I just don't know what to do with a "look" that is blank. I've gotten them before, and I never know what to do about it. I never know if he's staring because he is interested or if he thinks I look like an alien.

Best Answer

Well, at first I just kind of looked dumbly at her, because in that moment she was so beautiful to me, I couldn't do anything else. And then I began smiling at her, but I couldn't stop looking at her lol. And now we talk all the time and it feels great ;D

Best Answer

I think that's very lucky. :) I'll probably never see this guy again. Just call me Lonelyhearts.

Best Answer

Aw, never be too certain about the future... People have come into and out of my life, and back in it just out of random chance or fate... I've come to believe everyone who enters our lives for any substantial period of time, even if it's a matter of 5 minutes, if they make you feel something or maybe you appreciate their beauty, or anything else, it's a positive moment for your life.

Best Answer

You are comforting, but it's usually a wistful moment for mine. ;)

Best Answer

oh my god that happen to me at the bank and like you i didn't know what to do. my son was like, mom say hi but i was so shy and really, this doesn't happen to me so i just didn't know what to do. so i don't have an answer but i thought you would like to know you are not alone !!!!

Best Answer

The guy just looked and didn't smile either? I don't get it. I don't understand how guys operate. And wow, is it frustrating. lol

Best Answer

yes that is what he did. he just kept on looking and i was like turning around because i thought maybe i was doing the looking!!!! so awkward

Best Answer

Smile back and be natural......or remove the excess food from your face.

Best Answer

That's the thing...he didn't smile. Just looked and held my eye for a moment.

Best Answer

Prpb didn't have his teeth in and wanted to make a good impression.

Best Answer

Not ignorance. :-) It's very likely he's trying to get your attention...

Best Answer

Thanks. I have no idea. If only he'd smiled or something.

Best Answer

Guys sometimes literally need those people at airports that guide planes with the cone flashlights...

Best Answer

Yes...maybe I should have gone up to him and said, "Hello. I just wanted you to know.... Gestures and facial expressions are appreciated. " Haha.

Best Answer

yeah he was diggin you, possibly waiting for some body language from you.. or he might of been shy.

Best Answer

Is it normal for guys not to smile when they're diggin you? lol

Best Answer

lol. it is very possible. maybee you should of checked him and smiled at him, if he didnt smile back..id get out sight if i where you!lol

Best Answer

Introduce yourself, that's how I met my first bf

he would come into the place I worked at. I finally said hey, my name is blah blah blah

and there u have it :)

Best Answer

We weren't in that kind of situation. I was sitting down and eating with my son. He was across the room placing his order, paying, getting his drink, etc. He didn't come into my "space".

Best Answer

I don't know about this particular situation, but if a man does that, he is definitely interested...

Best Answer

Maybe he thought I was one of his long lost exes. Interested doesn't always mean in a good way. lol

Best Answer

No it doesn't.. LOL

Best Answer

At least he didn't try to run me over in the parking lot. ;)

Best Answer