BarbieSmokesLikeMarley BarbieSmokesLikeMarley 26-30, F 3 Answers Dec 31, 2013 in Parenting & Family

I hate to say it but corporal punishment also works. My brother and I were always fighting as kids and we were punished for it. We're adults now and much closer than when we were little

Best Answer

I am not against punishment... My oldest gets spankings. I just wonder if as they get older, does it become easier or is there always going to be a conflict?

Best Answer

they'll learn to work together. look at their activities and see where you can facilitate more team building activities between them than activities where they could compete. I promise, it will get easier. Ask older, wiser mothers what they have done in similar situations.

Best Answer

Thank you! 😘

Best Answer

it's cool. Also, don't force them to work together. They'll see right through it... well possibly not yet. The 4 year old will catch on eventually so you got a couple years before the kid starts catching on. I said facilitate earlier to make sure you don't force them to do so. One more thing, keep being an awesome mom!

Best Answer

True! Punishment is needed to learn

Best Answer

Mine are fourteen and ten and still fight all the time. I'm wiser and more patient, and that helps them move on more quickly. Reading Kevin Lehman's books helped me very much with this and other issues. I love his views.

Best Answer

Thank you. I may have to check out those books. I know it will be easier when you can understand everything my 18 month old is saying. But I still worry because just earlier today the youngest had a death grip on the oldest hair and a snarl on her face! It was almost like she was trying to get back at her for all things she's done to her.

Best Answer

Well, I've read dozens of books on patenting, and his are my favorites.

Best Answer

Thank you! 💜

Best Answer

Good luck, mothering is the toughest job on the planet!

Best Answer

It sure is & we get paid with love!

Best Answer

no. your mistake is having them so far apart.

Best Answer

What do you mean by that?

Best Answer

*******! Who do you think you are to tell a mother when she should have her kids?

Best Answer