So I love my dad and he wants the best for me, but I hate the life lectures, though I haven't received one going on 2 years. Some of the stuff he would say was completely off the wall. One time he told me at druggies have something to show (I don't do drugs but I was like wtf?). Another time he told me I am like an amoeba and I just exist (this one really hurt me a lot). Other times he tells me I don't have the looks and that was super hurtful too cause I don't have a high self esteem to begin w/. Anyways people have told me that sometimes parents don't really know what they are saying, but idk. I want a parent's perspective on this. Thanks! My personal opinion is that my dad means what he says cause he seems to think about before he lectures me.
Russianclomooogirl Russianclomooogirl 22-25, F 2 Answers Mar 16, 2013 in Parenting & Family

No Im always open, honest and explaining things down to the T even if I am ignored (which is normally the case).

Best Answer