Trying to help her feel better and took her out to dinner. I just want to make her happy.
AncientTurkey AncientTurkey 66-70, F 26 Answers Jun 3, 2012

I'm in school and when other students call me a retard they usually mean that you're stupid. They probably mean that they are calling your grand-daughter stupid. ( Although retard is an offensive word for disabled-so it really isn't funny) If i were you i'd get in contact with the school and have a meeting with the children's parents with the headteacher.

Best Answer

I'm teaching her how to be careful who to hang around.

Best Answer

Thank you. You've said something very difficult. A family loves their children and grandchildren so much that sometimes they can't see a disability, not even to provide much needed help.

Best Answer

She's probably not diasbled, but people in my school mean it that way so i'm hoping the people in this mans grand-daughter's school don't mean it that way.

Best Answer

Express your concern to a guidance counsellor or teachers, they might be able to help not just your granddaughter but a lot of kids who are being bullied at school. Your granddaughter is lucky to have you with all the love she gets. How about enroll her to a martial arts class?..... just a thought.

Best Answer

its how it is, "retarded" is a soft bully, seriously is a jungle out there, toughen up. Give it back. Just tell her not to take anything personally, stuff like this is just a reflection of the person doing the name calling. Plus it could be alot worse. kids be bringing gats to school yo, alittle name calling is character building.

Best Answer

Name calling is never character building. I agree that a lot of the times the kids bullying are probably acting out on their own issues, but it doesn't justify it. There are so many current studies done on the negative affects of bullying, it just cant be overlooked. I dont have an answer to the problem but i do know giving it back is gonna add to the problem and telling a child to toughen up is gonna make the child feel like the adults in their life wont help them. When you are going through an issue it doesn't matter how much worse it could be if you are hurting now.

Best Answer

Awww that is horrible...ya know that hurts my heart when I hear things like that. Thank goodness she has a grandparent like you!

Best Answer

well people bullied me and look how i turned out

Best Answer

What happened dear?

Best Answer

grand kai can get pretty ornery sometimes.

Best Answer

not much, a few people bullied me, after that I felt so bad about/for myself i think i did the rest of the bullying to myself.

Best Answer

Aww, i was bullied too, i know how you feel.

Best Answer

Never feel bad because you got bullied! Half of the bullies who bully others feel bad about themselves, feeling bad is making them happy. We don't want them happy, look how miserable they've made us.

Best Answer

oh i don't im good. if someone is trying to get to me i tell them "i hope you have a wonderful day", they get so confused and frustrated. Or another i heard here on EP "May you have all the things that you want, and all the things you think you need".

Best Answer

This country happens to have a problem with an insecurity epidemic. The kids bully because they aren't completely comfortable with themselves, and your granddaughter hurts because she isn't either. It's a self esteem contract between the abuser and the abused.

Best Answer

I see.

Best Answer

Welcome to life. Popullation: Freaks, bullies, and idiots. Happy rare occasions, Nice people who only need a chance.<br />
I dont get called names at school, but i KNOW people talk behind my back. Maybe you can introduce her to experience projecy?

Best Answer

project*

Best Answer

I'll let her know

Best Answer

I am an education major, just finished my first internship at a middle school and have seen my fair share of bullying and experienced it myself as a student. I would definitly talk with the school, if they havent done anything yet they are probably unware. There was one boy in one of my classes that was sooo sweet and some of my i call them "kids that keep life interesting" students were bullying him in class. My mentor teacher had them out of the room so fast and they met with the AP later that day. the student being bullied spoke with the school counclor and the teacher. Its important your granddaughter knows she has people she can turn to and she understands that those kids bullying her are the problem not her, and talking with adults will make the situation better.<br />
In middle school there were a group of boys that teased me everyday...and looking back it seems silly but at the time it hurt and I never wanted to go to school anymore. One morning I even debated whether or not to take a bunch of pills just to get out of school . One day i broke down in class and was SENT to the guidence office and once i spoke with her I learned the boys teasing me could be kicked out of school for it.... they didnt bother me after that day. My younger bother dealth with the same issue last year and the AP was soo sweet with him and he was soo much happier after talking with him.<br />
If you talk to the school, ask them about their zero tolerence policy, most schools have them. Asking about that may help make sure something is done to protect your granddaughter. <br />
Sounds like she has a good support system. Im sure you dont need to be told to keep telling her what a wonderful person she is. If she even wants to talk with someone who's been there one multiple different levels let me know and I can pass on my email :)<br />
I hope everything works out! I know its not fair she is dealing with this but with love and support she will get through it!

Best Answer

We had a meeting at the school, that bully's parents were terrible; after the meeting they told their son to ignore the teacher and principal. My granddaughter is avoiding that brat at school now.

Best Answer

Did they do anything? Did they switch his class schedule or threaten to kick him out of school? If it is still a problem,don't stop going to the school. Make sure you guys are documenting incidents. Make sure the school understands that ur main concern is your granddaughter and stress the fact that she has a RIGHT to feel safe both physically and EMOTIONALLY and the school has a RESPONSIBILITY the make sure school provides that safe environment. I would also recommend keeping in touch with the teacher, just seeing if she can pay alittle extra attention to your granddaughter and maybe be a safe adult for her to go to if she is having issues at school. Have you guys used the guidence office yet? Not only would they be able to help provide your granddaughter great tools and help her maintain/build her self esteem, but it would be another person to document whats going on to help make sure she doesn't have to continue enduring this at school.
I hope this is kinda helpful. If I can be of ANY assistance at all please let me know. Being a student provides me with a ton of resources and professionals who are passionate about what they do who might have some advice too.
Tell your granddaughter shes got a ton of people thinking about her and hoping everything works out,

Best Answer

Lack of self esteem.

Best Answer

Look at the media, look at the parents that raised them, look at their peers... all those factor are what build a bully.

Best Answer

because there is almost nothing crueler than a child. i know i was bullied in school right from beginning to end, but it all came from the ignorance that walks hand in hand with youth. most of those people now would chastise their kids if they knew they were bullies to another, maybe from guilt, or realizing how it may have hurt someone for life. we teach our offspring to be unaccepting of any little deviation from the "norm"

Best Answer

Kids are kids I was bullied in school because I was shy and that was akward so I was easy prey but I shrugged it off because I was involved in activities where people uplifted me.

Best Answer

some people underestimate other people just to feel good about themselves<br />
these bullies are so insecure

Best Answer

Kids are so cruel. My own two kids used to call each other retarded and I finally had enough one day and told them I never wanted to hear that word again. I told them we are all retarded to a certain degree and then began to call out the things that I was unable to do that they could and so forth about them also. I know this sounds cruel, but you won't hear them saying it any more.

Best Answer

:( I'm sorry. But as far as I know, the only way to deliver a message through the thick skull and pea-brained psyche of bullies, is with assault.

Best Answer

The schools need to make the troublemakers wear dunce hats again an sit in the corner.

Best Answer

No, that won't put a dent in their abuse. They do it because there are no repercussions; It doesn't hurt them. You have to be able to show them teasing or bullying hurts themselves more than anyone, and that is usually with a good beating or three... I don't think bullies have the mental capacity to understand shameful behavior or embarrassment by their actions, you have to make it obvious.

Best Answer

I say spank em too.

Best Answer

If certain laws were not in place I'd spank the young man with my cane.

Best Answer

I believe spanking kept young ones in order in previous times.

Best Answer

Kids can be thoughtless and cruel. <br />
Some lack the foresight to understand what they're really doing to others :/<br />
Your granddaughter has no choice other than to be the better person in these encounters. <br />
It's of little consolation, but she will grow up to be a better and stronger person than those bullies because of it.

Best Answer

Grand Parents are mystical beings, so i am sure you made her feel great<br />
Its tragic situations like these which as a Teacher I see all too often, and so hard to deal with for this age is so lacking in communication skills compared with the past

Best Answer

You're a teacher? :)

Best Answer

yes teach in special development and occasionally the mainstream classroom. Then Teach dance

Best Answer

Isnt that sad! Poor baby! Do they know at her school that she was being bullied?

Best Answer

Yes but the idiot guy said it's the first amendment right and freedom of speech, saying how they could get sued.

Best Answer

Ridicoulous

Best Answer

Do they not have the zero tolerance policy at her school? I think the president even spoke of this before. You should read up on the school conduct rules

Best Answer

....kill them.

Best Answer

They deserve it, she's a sweet kid.

Best Answer