I see parents doing this sometimes, at least in summer. But I know what you mean....it is less and less. Especially as most households now have both parents working, and there is just less time and energy for spending time with the kids. And the older kids tend to have so much homework or spend times locked to computers, games, or television. <br />
But I am proud to say that I spend lots of time with my kid. We like the state parks, and we drive around and see things. This summer we hope to go to the beach. And darn right, I'll be playing in the sand. I can almost guarantee I'll be the only adult sitting in a muddy hole doing that. It always amazes me how many little kids I attract who want to play in the sand too. <br />
But I have free days almost every day. And I am just a big kid at heart. I feel quite blessed.

Best Answer