dirtylaugh dirtylaugh 36-40, F 3 Answers Jun 20, 2010

I see parents doing this sometimes, at least in summer. But I know what you mean....it is less and less. Especially as most households now have both parents working, and there is just less time and energy for spending time with the kids. And the older kids tend to have so much homework or spend times locked to computers, games, or television. <br />
But I am proud to say that I spend lots of time with my kid. We like the state parks, and we drive around and see things. This summer we hope to go to the beach. And darn right, I'll be playing in the sand. I can almost guarantee I'll be the only adult sitting in a muddy hole doing that. It always amazes me how many little kids I attract who want to play in the sand too. <br />
But I have free days almost every day. And I am just a big kid at heart. I feel quite blessed.

Best Answer

yes sad, I have been lucky to be able to stay at home with my little one (2 and a half) so I have made the most of it. We live near the sea, the beach is a favourite of course, when I do some work in the garden she wants to help and takes away grass cuttings in a cart etc. very serious business indeed!! grin Yes Vessa it is amazing how many want to join in, first they stand at a distance and check things out, then they come in and then there is no stopping them. great. Blessed indeed.

Best Answer