I CAN TELL YOU FROM EXPERIENCE AND ALMOST A 4 YEAR RECOVERED ALCOHLIC, I STRUGGLED TO BREAK OUT OF THE SHELL AND COVER I DRANK MYSELF INTO FOR 17yrs. AND ONE OF THE THINGS I LEARNED WAS SHYNESS IS A LACK OF SELF ESTEEM I BROUGHT ON BY BEING MYSELF. AND AT THE TIME THATS WHAT I WAS, SHY. AND IF THIS IS YOU, CHANCES ARE ITS BEEN YOU FOR A LONG TIME AND ISN'T GONNA CHANGE OVER NIGHT. TRY DOING OPPISITES. EVEN ITS ONE THING A DAY. SAY NO INSTEAD OF YES WITH SOMEONE. DRIVE WITH YOUR HEADLGHTS ON DURING THE DAY OR WEAR A COAT OUT WHEN ITS SUNNY AND HOT. THE WHOLE POINT IS GETTING MORE COMFORTABLE WITH PUBLIC ATTENTION AND GETTING OVER THE UNCOMFORTABILITY OF CARING WHAT PEOPLE THINK. THE LAST TWO SUGGESTIONS DON'T EVEN REQUIRE YOU TO SAY ANYTHING, IF WHAT THEY SEE AND HEAR IS WHAT THE GET, THEY SOONER OR LATER HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO EXCEPT YOU FOR WHO YOU ARE. YOU SAID YOURSELF "I WANT CHANGE" THATS A GREAT FIRST STEP, NOW YOU JUST GOT TO MAKE IT. I'M NO EXPERT , I JUST KNOW WHAT WORKS FOR ME. GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

Best Answer

What life do you want? I am the same way. I've lost some friends because of how quiet and shy I am.

Best Answer

If being yourself isn't working, be someone else. It's a lot easier

Best Answer

You cannot stop being yourself. You can only change your attitudes

Best Answer

well i guess the obvious answer is to screw them and go get the life you want! as long as your comfortable with who you are and what your doing, by all means go for it! you dont know unless you try :) people also say "follow your dreams" ALL THE TIME so do it! get involved in a hobby or sport or something that helps you break away from that shyness! thats what i did! i got into Cosplay. if you dont know, its a world wide community with the most adoring, excepting, nicest, and outgoing people you will EVER meet! we replicated costumes of anime, manga, game, and movie characters and then go to conventions and such to meet new people who also do this. i mean i had sewed a tail coat! i never though i would do THAT! woah ranting there :P bottom line, im no where near as shy as i was before i got into cosplaying, not to mention i LOVE my life and actually have something to look forward to when i wake up.<br />
go find what you love and do it! :D

Best Answer

"If the solution has never been to look in yourself, then how is it do you expect to find it anywhere else?"<br />
All I can say is improve who you are, do not change who you are. Good luck.

Best Answer