The point of this question was to seee the affects pot had on the smokers. and you all fell in it. you missed the point,saw only what u wanted to see and dismissed the facts. you proved it is a drug and lowers intgelligence and you are not quiet about it. so thank you. my experiment stands. it was carefully constructed for you and worked. OBSERVE THE CONTRADICTORY BEHAVIOR, THEY ARE ALL POINTING THE FINGER AT ME AND ELUDING EVERY QUESTION THE THAT STATES AND REAVOWS FACTS, EVEN MORE FASCINATING THEY ARE MANIFESTING THE DISEASE OF ADDICTION BY TAKING MY INVENTORY. AND DENYING IT, CLASSIC . now will yopu consider maybe stopping the justification?
pinkmonroe pinkmonroe 31-35, F 12 Answers Jan 4, 2013 in Addiction

Pot is a drug. I smoke it. I'm a member of MENSA. So there.

Best Answer

omfg. tou have no idea i have never met pothead who didnt say how harmless it is and how its a "lesser " drug. and im in the rooms! so i know a lot of druggies. i am no sterotyper. i am a recovering alcoholic snd addict

Best Answer

honestly guys after reading your answers i think they will be the only smart ones

Best Answer

Caffeine is a "lesser drug" too. Last month I passed my sobriety anniversary from alcohol, which pot helped me do. Alcohol is VERY MUCH more toxic and addictive and therefore a "greater drug". FYI according to your profile I stopped drinking before you were born, daughter, so I'm pretty sure I do have an idea. (That extends to typing as well, or are you so angry you couldn't take time to do it right? In AA that would make you a dry drunk.)
Also FYI I had one Christmas joint and two for New Year's, and none other since Thanksgiving. Not exactly a crazed addiction. I own a copy of Reefer Madness...people like you make me laugh as much as that movie. I hope you beat demon rum. It's no fun.

Best Answer

thats insulting. you asrent sober. f*** this

Best Answer

it makes you more of whatever you are- if you are stupid to beigin with it makes you stupider- if you are smart it makes you smarter & more deep thinking during.

Best Answer

um it destroys brain cells and sends serotin out of whack. factually. so the smart part...no.

Best Answer

maybe not in the long run- notice i said "during"

Best Answer

I've never heard anyone deny it's a drug. It does make you stupid, but not as much as politics or religion does.

Best Answer

yes but those things do not cause bodily hrm inflicted on oneself via addiction.

Best Answer

Oh, yes, they do! And always have! Millions of people have died because of evil leaders (Hitler, Stalin, Mao, dubya) or religions (Islam, Judaism, Christianity). I'm not aware that anyone has ever died from smoking marijuana!

Best Answer

go to an AA meeting . see how it destroys lives. but i am not here for polotics and justification. i was hoping i swould find some pot smokers with the sense god gave a lemon. but its true. stupid is as stupid does

Best Answer

You are correct hunkalove... there has not been ONE single recorded case of marijuana overdose.

Best Answer

I've been to AA. For alcoholics, not pot smokers!

Best Answer

justifying and minimizing is the real epidemic

Best Answer

yeah thats just what an ignorant person woukld say. i never said it was dangerous. damaging .

Best Answer

This was a little insulting.

Best Answer

Agreed

Best Answer

I like how it's in addiction. I've never seen anyone.. "Addicted" to smoking weed before.

Best Answer

naturally. if its insulting try getting sober. then you wont feel so bad.

Best Answer

I smoked constantly for 10 years because I enjoyed it. Haven't had any in going on a year (just because I can't afford it) and never once had "withdrawals" which are commonly associated with addiction. It's funny how the people who speak the loudest against it seem to have not read the latest research being conducted. They simply spew the same propaganda that their AA or NA buddies tell them, though most of it is not based on fact.

Best Answer

What was insulting my dear is how you claim that everyone who does smoke pot thinks that it isn't a drug. If anything I know that I am not stupid in anyway. I do smoke pot and right now I am high. I have quit for long amounts of time with ZERO withdrawals. However, I feel like arguing with you is pointless. So. You will think what you think. And I will think what I do. :)

Best Answer

i have. it is dependency, let me guess...you smoke it.

Best Answer

I give up.

Best Answer

lol. i am so done with this.

Best Answer

AA is not propaganda. and i am erudite in the lateat studies. read my reply a couple postsd down. i am also not a pot smoker nor was i. But i have seen the damages it has done to many lives. because people think its not a resl drug. and its sad to me. i lost yhe love of my life to it, because he had no ambitions. so maybe your e superman. but 10 years? jesus. thats a long time man. i am willing to bet they werent productive

Best Answer

everyone says that. but you dont even realise this....you smoke it again! if you were nt in need of the drug you wouldnt smoke it ever. its not natural to smoke. society doesnt. its a narcotic. and if you see the explaination below i explain chemicaaly what it does. for godssakes i staerted this thjread to have an intellectual debate and socially see if it prompted this reaction and all of you fell for it. so you have proven my theory and much proven fact: its na drug. it makes you stupid and makes you dismiss facts. you saw what you wanted. not the point. sigh.

Best Answer

What is funny is that I read into what you said and had a personal opinion on the matter. I didn't go and look up the chemical meaning to the drug, what in thesis it does, or what effects it has on other people. I stated what I knew as fact. Which is something I have done and will continue to do. You also stated that you have never smoked it. Not everything can be based off of a hypothesis or scientific breakdown. You are basically believing that it does the same thing to everyone. Darling, it's a matter of the person. No one person is chemically structured the same mentally. No one fell for your question. You just didn't get the answer you wanted to hear.

Best Answer

You are the one who has twisted fact and misconstrued what was being said. You set out to prove that pot smokers were stupid and when faced with the reality that your concepts were wrong, you simply resort to calling the people "stupid". It's asinine and immature. You shook the hornets nest and got stung, plain and simple.

Best Answer

Well said, sir.

Best Answer

Sorry to have ranted on your post, Placebo! LOL

Best Answer

It's quite alright. :D

Best Answer

well of course i did. and i didnt. its sad to me that people who smoke justify iot and minimize its effects.
and its heartbreaking when i see people in the rooms who stop smoking not get it tofgether bevcause of depression. and knowing that its because the way they thought is shifting and they cannot stay sober long periods of time because of it does make me upset.
but what angers me most is this epidemic of people who deny its effects and its factual descripotion- it is a drug. maybe it isnt cocaine but it doesnt mean it isnt a drug. people are so quick to judge me. in the same way an alcoholic is in denial and points the finger so goes the potsmoker. i am fsiling to see how one pot smoker....i mean if its so harmless and not so bad a drug is not making the coorealtion.
because it is a drug maybe?

Best Answer

if u knew me you wouldnt say this. i have spoken with pot smokers and recovering ones. i am not hurt by anyone here. at all. i am still trying to make a last ditch effort to hopefully get one of yous to see the contradictions you are spewing! you are proving its a drug and its effects before me now! defensiveness< denial< taking my inventory...this all ther product an addict make

Best Answer

So according to you, when one denies ANYTHING, even if there is justification in that denial, (ie, the information is simply wrong), then they are being defensive? How about I say that you are still drinking? If you say "no I'm not" I shall keep saying you are just in denial. And if you get angry that I keep making false accusations, I'll say "see how defensive you are getting?" Do you not see how that works?

Best Answer

yes. its a highly convenient and dumb srgument. well done. you cannot admit you abused pot? can you admit its a narcotic? i ,mean why are you taking this so personally? if its no big deal than the facts arent a big deal to confirm.

Best Answer

I don't admit to anything that's not true. I never abused pot, so I won't admit to it, so please stop trying to transfer your own problems with addiction onto everybody else. Plain and simple. And you want facts? How about this: pot is not a narcotic. It's not an opiate derivative and is even labeled in the Controlled Substances Act as a non-narcotic. Don't talk to me about facts when you clearly have no concept of them.

Best Answer

Seriously, you are recovering from alcohol and drug addiction because YOU couldn't moderate yourself, so now you get on a holy roller kick and think it's ALL bad? Sound's like you are on a self-righteous "drug".

Best Answer

oh no thats not it at all. and no i cannot moderate. i am an addict. i am powerless. i am not a kick tho. i asked this question to see if pot smokers really are thatr far gone.

Best Answer

Do you realize how many professionals take the occasional toke? Lawyers, judges, doctors, police officers, teachers.... Are they all stupid as well? Are you calling me stupid too, since I smoked it? You generalize a statement, back it with completely outdated and unfounded "facts", while denying that this plant has any benefit whatsoever. My father used it during his cancer treatments to help remove his nausea and restore his appetite. My GRANDMOTHER smoked it to help control her MS seizures. These cases are backed by scientific research, not coffee talk at the local AA meeting or some shiny pamphlet you may have glanced at. It is very insulting when you call me stupid, as I am far from it.

Best Answer

"Proved it lowers intelligence" In what world are you living? If anything, your posts were the least intelligible, most grammatically incorrect. You call people stupid, then try to act like this is supposed to be a civil debate? A "carefully constructed experiment" would follow the basic scientific principles, and just the way you phrased your question completely disregarded those. Congratulations... you are well on your way to a new career as a troll.

Best Answer

i never called you stupid. you pecieved it as a personal insult.

Best Answer

lol. pointing the finger, then why am i not insulted? and grammar never . punctuation guilty. like i said i have nerve damage in my hands, on disabillity for it i dont udsually have to explain it because people are more focused on my writing as i get best answer on 95% on my q's i answer. and i dont care. you really care what i think tho.

Best Answer

If you didn't care than why do you continue to respond? And using "I get Best Answer on EP" is irrelevant because you can get it simply by being first responder. Also; "Grammar Never"? You can't be serious. Maybe you need to re-read your posts in Placebo's reply; "i am fsiling to see how one pot smoker.....i mean if its so harmless and not so bad a drug is not making the coorealtion.." HUH? That made absolutely no sense and is most certainly grammatically incorrect. This simply proves my point that you ignore the truth, in addition to generalizing the behavior of the few and erroneously assuming that it applies to the many. I have pointed out your usage of the word "stupid" in several posts and you casually shrug it off. Your "experiment" was bias and resulted in what you wanted because that's the direction you took it, not the direction it naturally went. Not exactly following the scientific method, let alone the ethics code, are you? Perhaps you should brush up on those for your next "experiment": http://www.niehs.nih.gov/research/resources/bioethics/whatis/

Best Answer

lol. its so funny because those werent grammatical errors. they were typos that caused "misspellings" which is not grammar, its phonics and vocabulary. so i meant it when i said never grammatically.actually normally not spelling either. but like i said...and its funny if the drug is so harmless why your simple innate sensitivity is not showing...and revealing itself normally...when i explained the nerve damage is disturbing. but emotional maturity. it stops it. you havent learned yet to be selfless even in time of great debate, because its the humane thing. its fascinatinmg.

Best Answer

"THEY ARE ALL POINTING THE FINGER AT ME". You display classic paranoia and portray yourself as a persecuted victim, take on the "I'm right because I say so" point of view, and never once address the fact that YOU, not us, were calling people stupid simply because they do something YOU do not approve of. You tout emotional maturity and selflessness "in time of great debate", and even though I acknowledge your disability, you completely ignored what I said about my grandmother and father, failed to respond to ANY point I, or anyone else, made that opposed your opinions and then come off as surprised when they do the same thing to you. You pick and choose what to respond to to better suit your needs rather than addressing things as a whole. And yeah, when you call people stupid, it should be expected that they take offense and respond in kind. That's the 'defensiveness' you are observing. This was never set up as forum of debate; the wording of your question eliminated that possibility, thus ensuring the responses like you have been getting. Like I said.. pure hypocrisy and completely trollish behavior.

Best Answer

One more thing.. let me direct your own question back at you so you can see why offense and "defensiveness" was being taken: "If trolling on forums is addicting and makes you look stupid, why don't you just shut up?"

Best Answer

As for "facts", which you seem to confuse with personal opinion, let me enlighten you.

Best Answer

Marijuana is a "gateway" drug. FALSE. "Those who use drugs may have an underlying propensity to do so that is not specific to any one drug. There is some support for such a "common-factor" model in studies of genetic, familial, and environmental factors influencing drug use. The presence of a common propensity could explain why people who use one drug are so much more likely to use another than are people who do not use the first drug. It has also been suggested that marijuana use precedes hard-drug use simply because opportunities to use marijuana come earlier in life than opportunities to use hard drugs." RAND Corporation. (2002). Using marijuana may not raise the risk of using harder drugs. Retrieved from http://www.rand.org/pubs/research_briefs/RB6010/index1.html

Best Answer

and this: "based on evidence currently available the
Schedule I classification is not tenable; it is not accurate that
cannabis has no medical value, or that information on safety
is lacking. It is true cannabis has some abuse potential, but
its profile more closely resembles drugs in Schedule III
(where codeine and dronabinol are listed). The continuing
conflict between scientific evidence and political ideology
will hopefully be reconciled in a judicious manner" Grant, I., Atkinson, J., Gouaux, B., & Wilsey, B. (2012). Medical marijuana: clearing away the smoke. The Open Neurology Journal, 6, 18-25. doi: 10.2174/1874205X01206010018

Best Answer

As for it affecting intelligence, or "make[ing] you stupid" as you so rudely put it, perhaps you should read this article and follow up with the studies mentioned in it: http://healthpsych.psy.vanderbilt.edu/2009/MarijuanaBrain.htm

Best Answer

Susan Tapert, a neuroscientist at University of California, San Diego, co-authored of a study of white brain matter in teens in relation to both alcohol and marijuana use. The before-and-after brain scans of the teens consuming typically five or more drinks at least twice a week showed reduced white matter brain tissue health, which may mean declines in memory, attention, and decision-making into later adolescence and adulthood. However, the level of marijuana use -- up to nine times a week during the 18 months -- was not linked to a change in brain tissue health. This study is scheduled to be published in the April issue of the journal Alcoholism: Clinical & Experimental Research

Best Answer

And yet another article which you can use as a starting point: http://www.calgarycmmc.com/cognativeeffects.htm#733762851

Best Answer

Yes, there is some evidence linking adolescent use to long term affects on intelligence, but not enough to support the claim that IQ in adults is affected. The evidence I shared is just some in a growing number of authentic scientific research showing how claims of becoming "stupid", such as yours, are simply urban myth and not based on fact. So either "put up" or take your own advice and "shut up".

Best Answer

Drug = a chemical substance used in the treatment, cure, prevention, or diagnosis of disease or used to otherwise enhance physical or mental well-being.

ANY FOREIGN CHEMICAL can do this.

Alcohol is NOT a drug, it is a poison, but, if you drink enough of it, it will make you stupid.

Hmmmm.....

Best Answer

alchol is a drug. its the only that you can die from going off it.
tell me if anything can be a drug why is pot the exception?

Best Answer

I didn't say that pot was or was not a drug.

Best Answer

your attitude is reeking of defensive bs

Best Answer

you are a very confused person.

Best Answer

I have used pot, speed, LSD, mescaline, heroin, and alcohol.

Best Answer

and i ahve my roster too. i am not sure why this makes you qualified

Best Answer

Oh, I didn't know that you were censoring the respondents. Sorry

Best Answer

Are you sniffing your armpit in your pic?

Best Answer

handle it....if you can't,stay away

Best Answer

I think it's all in the way you use it.

I mean if you're smoking weed all day everyday then you have a problem but i see no problem with people who indulge if they have been productive or need to relax.

Best Answer

i agree.

Best Answer

Now you know that some pot makes you want to talk.

Best Answer

huh?

Best Answer

Some people smoke and talk about ****. Some people smoke and lose their ability to talk. Drugs should never be an escape from reality. I agree, all drugs are bad. Kids, don't do drugs!

Best Answer