No, in short term localized fr<x>ames maybe ther are less unskilled labor jobs, but in the long run and larger scale it provides more economic vitality.<br />
Look at mccormicks reaper in the mid 1800s for petes sake.<br />
Now there are agricultist futurists predicting that not too long away all farming can largely be automated with robots. Autonomous cars could very well result in 1 million truckers and drivers out of such work. Robotics and engineering will nit be hurting. It all means lower cost goods for everyone, and frees up people to provide value to society in some other fashion.

Best Answer

The supermarket who installs them are hurting the job market......but thery are only efficient when you have a few items, or else you have to go to a person anyway.

Best Answer

Agreed that the businesses who install them are hurting the job market but then again do checkout chicks really care? They always look like they want to be anywhere but at work and if I can process and package my purchases more efficiently and without the 'tude', then why not.

Best Answer

not in india

Best Answer

I always use those. Seems to be faster. People in front of me in regular check out lines annoy me. Especially when they want to chit chat with the cashier. I hate that the most.

Best Answer