If I wear any underwear under my yoga pants or leggings to the gym I always wear a thong because that way you can't see any panty-line and a thong is very comfortable to wear.

Best Answer

The word "Gym" is short for Gymnasium. Here is the etymology of the word gymnasium: Latin, exercise ground, school, from Greek gymnasion, from gymnazein to exercise naked, from gymnos naked.<br />
Wearting a thong at a naked exercise place is silly.

Best Answer

Hah! Good to know.

Best Answer

Love this.

Best Answer

When I wear a thong to the gym, I have shorts over it...

Best Answer

LOL I assumed - I just mean - do you wear them for comfort? What's the thought behind wearing them? I would think all the stretching would leave you - ahem, singing an octave higher.

Best Answer

I suppose and can see where that might be an issue for some, but I've never had that issue honestly. I've been told I have scrawny chicken legs...

Best Answer

Oh ok - yeah, I've got a bubble butt and big thighs. LOL so I have to keep it all supported with boy shorts

Best Answer

Boy shorts are wonderful...

Best Answer

They really are.

Best Answer

Only thongs for me, ever. Bubble butt = wedgies with other types of undies and hideous panty lines. No wedgies and no panty lines and a good looking butt at the gym with a thong

Best Answer

I switched to thongs for all my underwear a few years ago (thongs for men, by the way, with the necessary shape and support). I don't even have any other underwear. So when I got back into working out after several years break, i just found the most supportive type I owned and now I keep those for the gym only (I have 4 or 5 of that type - no nasty repeated wearing required). Totally comfortable.
I really don't see the big deal with thongs at the gym or anywhere else. Underwear is UNDER other clothes so is hidden to those around. That said, no one has ever said a word in the locker room because I guess - if they even notice - they realise that it's none of their business.

Best Answer

I'll wear a soft cotton lycra thong under my spandex running tights at times at the gym. They do tickle with the tights and thong pressing nicely in my behind, when exercising.

Best Answer

yes, they are more comfortable. they can't ride up, because they're already there! and the uncomfortable material involved in a wedgie is cut off. also, i feel sexy when i wear them, which motivates me to work harder. then there's the panty line issue it solves.

Best Answer

I like the freedom of wearing a thong in the gym pool.
I cant stand bulky board shorts like all guys wear as they feel as if I am wearring an anchor

Best Answer

I love wearing thongs every day and when it gets all sweaty amazing

Best Answer

I wear a thong to the gym. I wear them under my compression pants. I've tried wearing briefs and trunks under the pants, but I had real problems with them chaffing. They give me better support than anything else and I hardly know that they are on.

Best Answer

I personally would not wear a thong under anything at the gym. I am a male ballet dancer though and wearing a dance belt is required when dancing. Not too comfortable at first but you get over it.

Best Answer

i think they are more comfortable. and no panty lines

Best Answer

I don't like thongs, but I imagine someone might wear them because they stay put while they're exercising.

Best Answer