Classicality7 Classicality7 56-60, F 3 Answers Sep 27, 2012 in Health

My friend has neuropathy of the legs...we have been researching it...neurontin of course....and surprisingly, Cymbalta, Effoxor and Wellbutrin....three anti-depressants have the little known side-effect, apart and aside from their anti-depressant quality, of providing pain relief for neuropathic conditions.<br />
Because this is a nerve condition, anything which deadens or dulls the nerves would be beneficial, but because the nerves in the legs run so deep you can't ice your legs for that length of time without causing tissue damage.

Best Answer

I'm on cymbalta for it and it does help some. I've heard the neurontin is very helpful, I'm just a bit hesitant to start taking yet another prescription medicine, especially since I tend to have sensitivities to such things. If you find anything else that is helpful, please share. I've started on an anti-inflammatory program and I think it's helping a little, but I haven't been on it long enough to know yet. I wish your friend well.

Best Answer