We hear Christians being killed for practicing their faith in their churches, homes and even wearing a crucifix. Not much interest is shown when they are persecuted and killed in the Asian, Arab and African countries. Over the past year we have seen an increase in these numbers. But, it is what Christ warned us. "You will be persecuted in my Name. They persecuted me and they will persecute you". Be prepared to die as martyrs. Not kill others (and self in the process) and call yourself a martyr
YohanS YohanS 22-25, M 15 Answers Nov 28, 2012 in Community

It's true that Christians are being targeted in parts of Africa, but I suspect that some of it has more to do with it than ONLY their faith. There are a lot of tribal divisions that also play a role in many of those African conflicts.

In any case, I'm sorry to say it, but if someone comes after me to kill me -- regardless of whether it's due to my religion, or my ethnicity, or my citizenship, or just because they want my wallet or they don't like me -- I am going to do my best to fight back. They may succeed in finishing me off, but I will NOT make it easy for them. If I can take them out, I will. I fully believe in self-defense.

Best Answer

Yes in Nigeria, many thousands were persecuted and churches burnt this year. Extremism.
We do not see it being high lighted. But, let us say for instance a race is targeted then it becomes an issue.

Best Answer

Yep, Nigeria and the neighboring country of Niger has been a hot spot for this. It is not considered racial because both the victims and the oppressors are the same color. But if you look at nearby Sudan, it is the Arab-controlled government (i.e. whites) that is persecuting blacks in Darfur. Both sides are Muslim, but the blacks in Darfur typically belong to a different sect. That's a good example of the problem being both religious and racial.

Best Answer

Agree about Niger and the Darfur. It is sad how a race (just like the Nazi) can enforce and persecute fellow human.

Best Answer

Didn't know about that at all. Interesting. Every religion/person has problems they must face. There are tons and tons of problems in the world. So, that this issue is not the world's greatest problem makes sense. It's not that it's not taken seriously, it's that something like a civil war in Syria will be dealt with first. That's just how it is.

And you really shouldn't be so ready to die. Life is a gift, is it not? Yes, you may be dying for your God but fighting for your life doesn't go against him at all, I'm sure.

Best Answer

right.

Best Answer

So killing another because ones faith tells them to is acceptable from a humane point of view?
Christians must be prepared to die for their cause. Systematic destruction of people (what ever their faith) is deplorable

Best Answer

Totally wrong!!!!This can happen to anyone,including ourselves,as this is the work of dictatorship and there is no happiness or freedom under any such suppression!!!Wake to Hell up!!!

Best Answer

Christians persecute themselves with no help from anyone else. Take for instance the belief that one can be persecuted.

Best Answer

people of all faiths are getting persecuted all over the world. when was the last time the genocide of Muslims in Burma was covered by the mainstream media?

Best Answer

During the same time other religions too, christian and hindu were killed too. This is deplorable

Best Answer

yepp.

Best Answer

If you live by the sword, you will die by the sword.

Me...? I'm a plowshare kinda guy.

Best Answer

plowshare...?

Best Answer

Reference to Isaiah 2:4. "And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more."

Best Answer

right

Best Answer

Is there really persecution of Christians...?

Best Answer

its true

Best Answer