Okay so, a question to people with personality disorder. What do you do when you've run out of meds... and you feel like you're starting to loose control over everything / your mind falls into a dark hole?? Meaning, what coping skills do you use, or does anyone have any advice for me? Thank you and sorry for being a pain.
Chenzo1989 Chenzo1989 22-25, F 5 Answers Mar 1 in Health

get some more

Best Answer

Not really that simple otherwise I would of.

Best Answer

personally, it is time for the ER... otherwise go to the doctor and get a refill.<br />
You can try seeing an Applied Behavior Analyst, or a Psychologist...

Best Answer

The hospitals don't really do much though to be honest. I went there before and they just sent me home and told me it was fine? =S I cant get anymore medication at the moment because all my paperwork is being transferred and technically I don't have a psychiatrist. So I'm kind of sitting here waiting... ( I have no idea how long for ), for someone to help me and sort it out.

Best Answer

There are many personality disorders. In order to get help, you might need to explain which disorder it is

Best Answer

Well, first of all, you can try to not ever "run out of meds"....by making sure you have enough to last you until your next appointment with your therapist, (including making sure you have enough refills)<br />
2nd)..You can learn how to meditate, which can "quiet your mind" and calm you down....<br />
I just learned about a website that shows you how to meditate and even provides you with a "Mantram", which you can use,( or you can make up your own)<br />
If interested, go to http://www.easwaran.org/<br />
3rd)..It may sound crazy, but learning how to do yoga and deep breathing also can be very helpful during times of stress, because yoga & deep breathing exercises also can be used to "calm down"<br />
Good luck..I hope this helps.

Best Answer