Idk I've just always been curious about it. To me, a loving God would never let his children suffer such a torture. But that's just my opinion, I'm genuinely curious about this, so please be nice
ForgottenCelestria ForgottenCelestria 16-17, F 20 Answers Dec 30, 2012 in Religion

depends on whose "ministry" you listen to. I've found teachers who interpret sc<x>ripture vastly opposing ways --- John Mcarthur says if you sin/eg: fornicate, you aren't saved/cannot inherit the kingdom, but Aaron Budjen counters him doctrinally directly addressing what salvation IS, the Spirit of God being restored to our dead spirit, & no sin can kill that life within us, no matter how big it is. we are secure after recieving the breath of life / resurrection which is invisible & internal. focusing on self-efforts to get rid of secret sin only perpetuates the temptations we hide in our hearts. man judges us by behavior, God judges whether we trust Him to rescue us cuz we're helpless to overcome its power on our own!!! Look at St Paul's dilemna in Romans 7 of sin's sly seduction. that's why He sent His Son Who did it for us -- heroically.

Best Answer

True Christians don't go to hell

Best Answer

Maybe, but a normal human will "sin"

Best Answer

A true Christian was saved from going to hell over sin the minute Jesus died on the cross. Yes, humans sin but we can be forgiven of our sin.

Best Answer

Oh look, a can of worms. Pfffft. Still fresh.

Best Answer

Because fear of an afterlife is a great way for people to control the actions of others. Their comes a point where a person is willing to die rather then to submit-you can't control that person. BUT if you can convince that person hell awaits unless A B and C are followed and the church obeyed, you can control. Religion plays on our biggest fear, dying, and our naturally inquisitive nature and imagination that has created thousands upon thousands of gods throughout time.

Best Answer

The explanation that I've heard is that if someone sins, it is of their own free will, and therefore they are choosing of their own free will to go to hell.

Best Answer

He cannot condone sin especially in His kingdom. He is pure, perfect, and flawless. Christians and non-Christians are however sinful. For that reason, they cannot see and join God, who never does wrong and makes any mistakes. <br />
If you want to know more information, just read the Bible.

Best Answer

Life is not a Walt Disney story. But people invent the gods that correspond to their mentality, about time to grow out of these ridiculous stories.

Best Answer

a loving God wouldn't. Its mans spin on the biblical readings....started i imagine to control people.

Best Answer

It's what churches in ancient times used to do so that they controlled Europe, so I wouldn't be surprised if people are still twisting it now

Best Answer

happens now..the churches like to hold the power.

Best Answer

Thats where the drugs are ?

Best Answer

essy essy essy...still the funny man

Best Answer

ha, love ya.

Best Answer

Perhaps it is about choices

Best Answer

Why does Hell have gates then......?

Best Answer

So the souls can't escape?

Best Answer

So why does god have golden gates then?

Best Answer

Idk, my grandmother never explained that to me

Best Answer

Both have gates.. gotta wonder why....

Best Answer

Yup, I do

Best Answer

maybe he doesn't

Best Answer

F-ed up religion logix

Best Answer