Ok so my best guy friend is being abused by his dad. His dad hits him and punches and yells and screams. He is mentally and physically hurt. He called the kids help line and they couldn't help him. Wat can we do?? He doesn't wanna call the cops cause he thinks he would get in trouble from his dad also cause he has gotten publicly drunk/high b4. He is 14. Wat can I do We live in Canada. What is the CPA?? And wats the #
IAmAlwaysMe IAmAlwaysMe 16-17, F 9 Answers Nov 8, 2012 in Abuse

Well he doesn't have to call the cops but he can call the Bureau of Child Welfare in New York they call it BCW. They will investigate by sending a social worker out to the home. They will also see if it is that the father has an anger issue that needs to be addressed. So tell your friend that if he needs help he need to reach out and speak to someone in his guidance counselor in school and they will also help.

Best Answer

Talk to the school counsel., talk to your friend about what he thinks needs to be done to makes things better. GOOGLE THE NUMBER FOR YOUR AREA

Best Answer

Tell a teacher .or go to a ER for help doctors are mandated to report or call CPS yourself.Report this the boy needs help and so does the Dad if it's from drinking.

Best Answer

Speak out for him

Best Answer

How????

Best Answer

I gave you the answer

Best Answer

I know to speak out. But wat do I say and to who!

Best Answer

I can't answer that for you. There are many people at your disposal .. police.. social workers.. your family...Many places and phone lines too connect too. Take a deep breath

Best Answer

JUST TELL THEM WHAT IS GOING ON AT HIS HOUSE AND YOUR WORRIED FOR HIM

Best Answer

Can u ppl stop freaking out at me?? Thx

Best Answer

It's not freaking out. People are trying too show ideas for you. That is why you reached out in the first place :)

Best Answer

Srry I'm just really stressed. It's hard to deal with so I can't even imagine wat he is going through.

Best Answer

I hope you never have too either :)

Best Answer

Thanks :) I got good parents. They divorced I live with my mum and she would nvr. His parents r divorced to. He lives with his dad and hasent seen his mom in 11 yrs. we go to different schools. But when we met we clicked. So this is pretty hard for me. We both have little crushes on eachother to. Which is worse

Best Answer

Call the police

Call Juvenile services

Call an emergency room. Nurses are good people and they see this every day they know what to do.

Call his school and speak to his principal or school counselor. Maybe they know what to do.

Best Answer

Talk to other friends' parents for advice, people that know him and his dad, something has got to be done...maybe his dad's peers can tell him how illegal it is....to abuse your children!!!...parent to parent is the best way....before contacting the authorities...[last resort]....good luck...

Best Answer

in a lot of cases Child protective services are bumbling idiots!!!! Last resort only!!!!...They do more damage than prolly any other agency...Under-paid, under-staffed, and psychologically over-taxed and under-qualified youngsters....making a royal mess out of Children's lives!!! Welfare-child protection agencies.......bad advice!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

Everyone can disagree and hate me for this true,time-tested and case-proven opinion!!!!!!!

Best Answer

yeah, I think either CPA, or try the nonemergency police number (311 usually) and see what they recommend.

Best Answer

What's the CPA?

Best Answer

Child protective something... the other person said it. I was just repeating them. But I know it as Child protective services... so not sure

Best Answer

Ok thank you

Best Answer